Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Dermatologists?

Discussion

Dermatologists?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone in the Northern California area could recommend a good dermatologist? Or if no one from Sacramento knows of one, does anyone know how I could go about finding one?

I'm having a slight skin crisis and it's driving me insane. My skin is very dry and sensitive but used to be pretty clear. I'm 24 and it seems to be getting worse (which seems a little contradictory) so I just wanted some additional help. I've tried almost everything recommended and more blemishes just seem to keep popping up.

Thank you!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 4 months ago
Re: Dermatologists?

Have you tried using Eucerin Calming Creme?

Supernaturalfan
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
Re: Dermatologists?

TracyTB's suggestion on Eucerin Calming Creme is good.  I've used it on REALLY dry, cracked skin and it worked.  Also, Vaseline may work, but don't use it too heavily or it would feel greasy/clog your pores.

I've read that using stuff that's too heavy on dry skin can cause pores to clog, causing blemishes.  Then, people usually use something drying to get rid of the blemishes, making the skin even more dry.  Vicious cycle!

If push comes to shove, I'm in Southern California, but if I want to see a dermatologist I have to get a referral from my primary doctor.  Your primary, if you have one, should be able to give you a name or two.  If not, maybe word of mouth from people you know or they know.  The skin condition COULD be something that needs a prescription, but sometimes it's just a change in products that will do the trick.  I once had really dry skin that felt like sandpaper on my face.  I was going to see a dermatologist like you, but after trying my primary doctor's suggestions, the problem went away.

She said not to wash  my face more than once a day, as too much washing can dry the skin.  Also, to use thicker moisturizers on the dry portions, exfoliate at least once a week, and use "anti-aging" products only on areas that really need them since the ingredients can be too strong for your whole face.

I still occasionally get patches, but it's way better than it used to be.Smile

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend