Home » Community » Message Boards » » Gossip Girls (except Taylor Momsen)

Discussion

Gossip Girls (except Taylor Momsen)

So I have a guilty pleasure on TV and that is Gossip Girl. One of my best friends happens to be an editor on the show so I started off watching it to support him, but every time I watch it I can't get enough of the beauty, fashion and of course DRAMA.  LOL it makes me feel like a kid again. 

All of the main actresses on the show are so gorgeous and stylish in their own ways. I find myself inspired by all of them on different days for different reasons.  

I love how Blake Lively always keeps her look very natural yet glamorous. I think what helps her pull that off is her gorgeous, healthy long hair and incredible complexion.  I just feel like she doesn't need much makeup to pull off any of her looks (though she clearly does use it). I feel like she definitely uses more of a "minimal" approach. I definitely feel that if my hair and skin look great, I can rely less on makeup.  

Blake Lively

I love Leighton Meester's way of using one bold look (whether it be a dark eye, wavy/styled hair or a red lip) to really accessories what ever she is wearing. My skin tone and colors are more like Leighton's so maybe I'm a little biased towards her style. I just like that she's not afraid to make a statement and yet still keep it classic and classy.  

Leighton Meester

Leighton Meester Lips

And when I really want to get funky and daring I love looking to Jessica Szohr. I just love how risky she gets and lately I've been feeling brave enough to pull it off.

Jessica Szohr 

Anyhow these are my celebrity fashion/beauty crushes. I think I'm going to be copying more from them in 2011. Wink

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

Kristen_TBeditor
insider
3 years, 4 months ago
I Agree! Love the hair on "Gossip Girl"

And, not to brag, but Blake and I go to the same hair colorist. She's amazing! Rona at the Lukaro salon in Beverly Hills. One reason to live in Los Angeles -- you can see the same hair colorists the celebs actually go to and ask for their exact color. My hair isn't as lovely as Blake's, but I'm working on it. Need to grow it out.

DevranM
insider
3 years, 4 months ago
Re: Gossip Girls (except Taylor Momsen)

Oh Tracy - it makes me so happy to hear that you watch this show! It is also one of MY guilty pleasures. I love the makeup and fashion on the show and how each character has his or her own unique style. I feel like every time I watch I get a lesson in fashion designers! 

Out of the entire cast, I'm pretty sure that Blake Lively is my favorite - well not just her character, but the way her hair and makeup are done on the show. She has such beautiful long wavy hair that looks extremely natural AND healthy! It's always very shiny and looks moderately wind blown which I like. I also like that on the show, she wears very natural looking makeup during the day (nudes/light pinks) and at night, she will wear a smoky eye and red lip. I love the contrast! 

...Now if I only I could steal her wardrobe :) 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend