Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » lasting photo friendly makeup: primer vs intense foundation?

Discussion

lasting photo friendly makeup: primer vs intense foundation?

I'm getting married in february and I plan on doing my own makeup. I usually use a light liquid foundation but I'm gearing up to go shopping for wedding makeup.  would a primer with my usual foundation suffice?  Or should i look into upgrading to a longwear makeup for the day?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

1 Reply

JanieTB
insider
3 years, 4 months ago
Re: lasting photo friendly makeup

I think it depends on when you're planning to do your makeup during the day, and what time your wedding is at (and if there will be a lot of activity, like dancing). But in general, I think going with longwear makeup is your best choice. Especially with your foundation/powder, eyeshadow and lipstick. You definitely don't want your face melting off halfway through your reception!

Just make sure you do a few trial runs before your actual wedding day, in case you end up changing your mind or you discover any allergies to new makeup.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend