Home » Community » Message Boards » » More user-friendly searches for reviews

Discussion

More user-friendly searches for reviews

I remember suggesting this, along with some other members, on the old site.  Can they make the searches more user-friendly, and more "forgiving"?  (By that, I mean it will still find what you want even if you misspell it, like Google doesSmile)

Example: I tried to search first by brand.  So I picked Cover Girl, but I only wanted to see foundations, not everything.  So I clicked "Advanced Search", and the menu appears on the left on what type of product I want to narrow the search by.

On the old TB, the brand I picked would STAY PUT.  Now, for some reason, it ignored Cover Girl, and went to some brand I never heard of "Wen."  It showed up in the brand list as if I selected it, but I didn't.  Foot in mouth  It wouldn't reset, but I already selected the brand.  I just wanted to narrow it by product, since there's always way too many products from each brand.

Is there an easier way to search for products and reviews?  Also, can it be made that it recognizes a product, even if it's not typed exactly the way it appears on the label?  Right now, it seems to be case sensitive, as well as needing those spaces & hyphens that appear in the name!  Or it won't find it!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

9 Replies

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 4 months ago
Re: More user-friendly searches for reviews

Thanks so much for the feedback. Creating a positive, user-friendly experience is very important to us at Total Beauty.  I'll forward on your suggestions and requests to our development team to see what we can do.

Thanks for all your suggestions! Wink

jaa_long
3 years, 4 months ago
Sorting Reviews

I would like to know why the "Sort by" option never works.

Supernaturalfan
insider
3 years, 4 months ago
I noticed this too

The sort option in the reviews is a hit or miss for me.  Sometimes it works, sometimes no, but this is the first time I visited the reviews in AGES.  I also just added a review, and it won't show up even when I try to sort by "newest".

And what has happened with replies to the questions on this feedback forum?  There's other topics I haven't heard a word back on yet too.  Are they looking into it still?  Read them even?Laughing

LaC870
3 years, 3 months ago
Too difficult...

So now the "sort" works. But, you can't click to look at a product and click back. It will put you back to the first page no matter how far into the list you are. I don't have the patience to keep dealing with this site. I hate that because it is an awesome concept!!

Supernaturalfan
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
I agree

I agree, LaC870.  I don't have the patience for it either, or little else these days.  LOL  It keeps taking me back to some brand I never heard of...Wren or something like that.  Fortunately, there's other sites I can look up reviews on if I want & not "put all my eggs in one basket"Wink!

lilinah
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Advanced Search FAIL!

I just tried to do an advanced search for
BLUSH
GUERLAIN

Well, i got almost 400 hits and while i couldnt look through them all, but there was no Guerlain in the first couple pages!

But if i search by product name in the search box at the top of most pages, no problem.

Your new system is not what i would call fully functional.

This has happened to me before and i figured it was just me and my computer, but now i see its not me

Please fix this.

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: More user-friendly searches for reviews

Thanks for sharing everyone! I've shared your thoughts with our development team to see what they can do.

Supernaturalfan
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Glad someone is looking into this

It's not just you, Lilinah.  Plus, that "Advanced Search" you were using was from the old TB site.  These message boards, your home page, the message to others feature, etc. is part of the new system. 

I haven't tried the search again in ages, but I'm glad someone is looking into this.Laughing

kellabella
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
RE: REVIEWS

I totally agree!!!!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend