Home » Community » Message Boards » » Keratin Treatments or Brazilian Blowouts

Discussion

Keratin Treatments or Brazilian Blowouts

I recently had my 1st Keratin treatment and I thought this would be a great place to share and help each other with questions or comments.  My biggest concern is now that I've done this treatment, is the highlights that were recommended going to hurt the hair that I just healed? 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

watergurl
3 years, 5 months ago
Keratin Express

So far I have had 2 of these, no wait, make that 3 Keratin Express Blowouts. I really don't think they're all what they've been hyped up to be. I love my hair after the process is done, don't get me wrong (which takes about an hour and half for my long hair) and for a week I have silky smooth, shiny locks, After a week or so, I 'm right back to where I started, frizz mania, poof!

This process runs about $50.

My stylist reccomends using sulfate free products as well. Which I already do. She says not to wash the hair for 48 hours, I wait 4 days. I do everything by the book, I don't get it??? 

Hope this helps some lovely ladies out there Kiss

beautyguru_24_7
allstar
3 years, 5 months ago
Coppala Treatments are great

The treatment I get is from the Coppala Keratin treatment line and it's a long process (3 hours for my 1st appointment and then another hour and a half at the 2nd appointment - 3 days later).  You can't do anything to your hair or get it wet, which is incredibly difficult, but my hair is still incredibly smooth and I don't have to blow dry, and definitely don't have to flat iron.  My stylist said that the biggest caution was to use a shampoo/conditioner/styling products that do not have sodium chloride in them.  that is what eats the keratin and breaks it down. 

terri_millican_hay_bullock
3 years, 5 months ago
Keratin Complex

My sister just had a keratin complex and absolutely loves the results.  You must use a sulphate-free, sodium chloride free shampoo and in 4 weeks, her hair is still as silky as ever.  She uses Unite shampoo and loves the results.  When my hair gets longer, I plan on trying the keratin complex, too. 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend