Home » Community » Message Boards » » Shaving advice

Discussion

Shaving advice

So, I'm really interested in trying the epilator instead of a razor when it comes to removing underarm hair. Has anyone tried this? Does it work? For those of you who may not know, it's an electrical device used to remove hair at the root by tweezing multiple hairs simultaneously and pulling them out. Sounds painful, but I've heard it hurts a lot less than waxing.

epilator.jpg

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: Shaving advice

Tried it. HATED it. Didn't do anything. I say, stick to your razor. 

Tracyhep
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Shave, Wax or Save up For Lazer

I think it depends on how much hair you have under there but I don't think these funny gizmos work in the under arm area. It's also super sensitive, at least for me. When I switch deodorants I sometimes get an adverse reaction. 

If you can hold out, waxing is definitely the best way to go and it actually doesn't hurt that much in my opinion.

Or you can be like me and start saving up for laser...yup just waiting for that first book advance check to come through ;)

kenya
elite
3 years, 4 months ago
use a tweezer first

i would suggest using a tweezer first to tweeze a hair to test if it will hurt. i heard epilators are awesome and i am dying to try one!

JanieTB
insider
3 years, 4 months ago

Thanks! Yeah, I already do use a tweezer instead, which works great, but it seems like an epilator would be more efficient. And I hate waiting between waxes, because I feel like a hairy caveman, even in the wintertime. I think I've gotta try this.

JennaGuru
insider
3 years, 2 months ago

Do you think it would work for legs too?

-Jenna

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend