Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » Hair Extensions: Do or Don't?

Discussion

Hair Extensions: Do or Don't?

We've all seen the good (most celebrities' hairstyles) and the bad (Britney Spears) side of hair extensions. In theory, they are a great idea: Add length or volume to your hair without spending years growing it out or hours trying to tease it to perfection. But I must ask, after trying on some hair extensions for the first time, are they really a good idea in "real" life? Can I rock faux hair to the office? Should I? Please advise.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

16 Replies

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Hair extentions

The phots look great.Where did you get them? I tried clip ons a few years ago and didn't have much luck. I guess it takes some practice? Wear the hair! You have inspired me to try extentions again. Thanks.

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Hair Extensions: Do or Don't?

Devran, you look great! And Anna, I think that that french braid is...............adorable!!111

ladyboarder9669
elite
3 years ago
I don't like the commitment to sewn in extensions. Love clip in extensions I can wear when i want.

BPhussy
3 years ago
Re: Hair Extensions: Do or Don't?

I think it really depends on your tolerance.  I found them too uncomfortable and itchy on my head 24/7. I lasted four days with them and took them out myself. All that money down the drain.  Same thing happened with my sister, the first time she kept them in for almost a month, the second time she spent another $300 to get them in, and then got them removed just twp days later. I'd say go for clip-ons. They look just as good, but you can control when and where you want to wear them! Good luck!

ydr
2 years, 10 months ago
not a fan of them but....

if you can get it to blend in well with your hair, then great.  i've only had them for special occasions to thicken my hair for a very high bun/roll.  but at the end of the day, i had to pull it out.  my dry scalp was very itchy, the hair pins were uncomfortable and i could not image wearing a head full of weave regularly.

i like the clip ons but i've never been able to get it to look right.

so experiment and have fun with it.  i've seen bad and very bad extensions.  i've also seen some very nice and natural looking ones, where the person had to tell me it was an add on.

if you use it for work, dont go overboard (short to long).  go gradual.  also do not mess up your real hair in order to match the extensions (like too much blowing out and flat ironing).  doesnt make sense to damage your hair for extensions.

you can go overboard with different lengths and colors for the evenings and for partying.

laramasterson
2 years, 8 months ago
Hair Extensions vs Natural Growth

Yes hair extensions often look great (although they are expensive)

Something that you can do along with or instead of them is to use a conditioner that helps to prevent breakage to help your natural hair grow longer.  In the meantime you can use extensions while you wait for your hair to grow.

I use a strengthening conditioner by a company called Urielpure.  Here is their website: www.urielpure.com

I hope this helps anyone that wondering these same things.

Best of luck!

Lara

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend