Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » Hair Extensions: Do or Don't?

Discussion

Hair Extensions: Do or Don't?

We've all seen the good (most celebrities' hairstyles) and the bad (Britney Spears) side of hair extensions. In theory, they are a great idea: Add length or volume to your hair without spending years growing it out or hours trying to tease it to perfection. But I must ask, after trying on some hair extensions for the first time, are they really a good idea in "real" life? Can I rock faux hair to the office? Should I? Please advise.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

16 Replies

beautytipshub
3 years, 5 months ago
Hair extention is a natural process..What we should do ?

Hair extention i a natural process and should it require to apply some hair extention products or just follow the basic steps as disclosed by the beuaty secreat website beautytipshub.com.

Hair extention is closely related to the hair fall..So think before using any external product.

DevranM
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: Hair Extensions: Do or Don't?

Ok so.... I have very mixed emotions on hair extensions! First of all - I think that if they blend naturally, GREAT. If not - PLEASE don't pretend they're your natural hair because clearly IT'S NOT! haha. 

I have been trying to grow my hair out, but sadly it has taken a while. It's still not at the length I want :( So- in the meantime, I have purchased clip in extensions! I know they sound scary, but they're AMAZING. They match my color and texture exactly. I def do NOT wear them every day...mostly just on the weekends at night when I go out. I curly them and straighten them - wash them on occasion too (they are composed of human hair). The only issue I have is that I put in a set of them and if someone were to grab my head, they would definitely feel the clips! (so I just learned to warn people just in case)! Overall - if you make your hair LOOK natural with extensions, then go for it. 

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 5 months ago

See, I think that would be my worst nightmare -- having someone touch my hair and having to be like "oh, sorry..." Haha. It's almost the equivalent to loosing a faux eyelash on the dance floor only to have it be found on your cheek by your dance parter. So embarrassing. 

I would love to see what you look like with your hair extensions in though! Any chance you could post a pic?

DevranM
insider
3 years, 5 months ago

Haha I hear you! Ok - here we go! Enjoy :) 

This is with my straight hair extensions 

Straight Hair Extensions

Curly hair extensions

Curly Hair ExtensionsCurly Hair Extensions

JanieTB
insider
3 years, 5 months ago

Devran!! They look so pretty and natural on you :)

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 5 months ago

WOWZA! THEY LOOK AMAZING!! Sorry for shouting, but fore real, I would have never known you were wearing fake fair. These look ten times better than my faux bangs! 

QuicksilverQueen.com
3 years, 5 months ago
Straighten the sides?

Your hairstyle (side part with the french braid headband) is adorable!

I think the bangs would work better if the sies were straightened a little, kind of pulled down more, to kind of hide the fact that they stick out of your head because of a clip. If that makes any sense! (Besides matching your hair color, I mean.)

DevranM
insider
3 years, 5 months ago

Thanks ladies :) I think if I just clipped them in without styling they would look very un-natural and awkward. You have to make sure you blend your natural hair with the clip-ins...whether that is curling your hair into the extensions or straightening your hair and the extensions simultaneously. :) See - it can be done! ...now my secret is out! haha

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 5 months ago

Yes Lambiskunk I think you're right about the bangs - sounds like a bit too much effort though. Maybe I should just cut some real bangs haha. I DO fully intend to wear the french braid though.

scarrillo
insider
3 years, 4 months ago

I think you could wear hair extensions to work, just maybe not those bangs :) Here's a handy guide to all things hair extensions in case you're interested: http://www.beautyriot.com/hairstyles/hair-extensions-real-deal-g7721

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend