Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » REGULAR CONDITIONER AND LEAVE IN CONDITIONER

Discussion

REGULAR CONDITIONER AND LEAVE IN CONDITIONER

I was wondering, if I'm going to use a leave in conditioner after I wash my hair, do I need to put any regular conditioner in or if I do should I only use a small amount? 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

scarrillo
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: REGULAR CONDITIONER AND LEAVE IN CONDITIONER

I don't think there's a strict rule, but I always use regular conditioner in the shower and then add more leave-in conditioner depending on how my hair feels after the shower. If you're really worried about dry hair then I'd say that's probably the best way to go, that way you don't have to use a ton of leave-in to have soft hair. And if you're worried about volume (my issue) then don't put conditioner on your roots, just your ends. Hope this helps!

drrenuka
3 years, 5 months ago
Hair care

Generally, you have to leave the conditioners on the hair for 3 minutes before rinsing. Always follow the instructions on the packaging instructions for the time stated. Do not leave the hair conditioners for too long or too short for optimal result.

TBjunkie
elite
3 years, 5 months ago
Both

I don't wash everyday so I use both and it keeps my hair soft and managable.

JanieTB
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: Conditioner

Also, make sure you don't apply conditioner directly to your roots. (I've heard it makes your hair fall out... truth or myth? You tell me.) You should just be applying it to the bottom half of your hair, which is where most of the damage is anyway ;)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend