Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » What type of red lipstick for someone with red hair?

Discussion

What type of red lipstick for someone with red hair?

I am cool roned with a level 6 red hair. I can't seem to find a good red lipstick that looks good with my hair and skin tone :(

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

Kristen_TBeditor
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Red lipstick for redheads

Hey Heidindg,

I would suggest a couple of shades for you, considering your hair color and skin tone. I think either a bright, true red that has a hint of an orange base to it (not super orangy though) would be ideal -- one that would look similar to the shade Nicole Kidman is wearing below (when blown up larger her lips look a bit brighter and orangier, just FYI). Give Valerie Beverly Hills Lipstix in Vixen a try (I wear this and love it).

OR you can go for a much darker burgundy/merlot shade, though that would be a bit more dramatic. Something like MAC Lipstick in Dark Side might be fun.

Also, if a full-blown lipstick seems to be too intense for you, try a lipstain or creating a stain out of a lipstick by dabbing just a bit of the color on using a finger tip. Tap the color on and blend well. It's a more forgiving way to wear reds -- you might even be able to recycyle some of the ones you've tried and didn't love by applying them differently or mixing them. Hope this helps!

Nicole Kidman Red Lips

heidindg
allstar
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: What type of red lipstick for someone with red hair?

Those actually sound great! Thanks!

JanieTB
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: What type of red lipstick for someone with red hair?

These celebs are my fave redheads, and they each rock a different makeup look in the pics below. But they all look so gorgeous!

amy-adams.jpgchristina-hendricks.jpgdebra-messing.jpg

For ladies who want to find the best makeup for their own hair color, check out this totally helpful article!
http://www.beautyriot.com/makeup-beauty/makeup-hair-color-g6911

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend