Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Really Blonde Eyebrows!

Discussion

Really Blonde Eyebrows!

So I've had this problem my entire life, my eyebrows are very blonde, almost looks like I don't have any unless I'm in light. I used to use this Maybelline colored brow gel for them years ago, but they stopped selling it. I haven't really found very many others to choose from. I have the option of spending $20 on one from Sephora which may or may not work, or spending $3 for the ELF gel online. In the past I've experimented with dying my brows, sometimes it worked out well, mostly not lol so I just threw the dye away. Pencils don't work very well either, I like to keep the natural shape my brow has, and take out just what I need to give it shape. Using a pencil just makes it really obvious. So please if anyone has any advice or products I should try out that would be great! Maybe I should just leave them alone? lol

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

7 Replies

makeupbyjanalyn
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Powder

Since you dont like pencils you can try a powder brow color or you can just use a matte eyeshadow. For brows, since you have really light hair, you should try to go 2 shades darker than your hair color. Maybe a light taupe color. I know this product is a little pricey, but Smashbox Brow Trio is great. They have one for blonde hair, it contains two colors, a light blonde and a medium blonde color which you can either use individually or mixed together for the right shade. It also has a brow wax to keep your brows in place.

hostagekitty
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Really Blonde Eyebrows!

when i had my eyebrows waxed a few months ago, the professional used to use revlon brow fantasy, i know it has poor ratings on here, but i found that it really held my brows in place and added a soft tint, there is a nice selection of colours, including light blonde

TheBlond
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
RE: Really Blonde Eyebrows!

I have the invisible blonde eyebrows just like you. I tried pencils and eyeshadows and they made me look like a clown. Then I discovered Urban Decay's Brow Box in Honey Pot. You didn't mention what color your hair is, but the light color in this kit goes perfectly with my medium blonde hair. I use the mini brow brush that comes in the kit to apply it because a regular size brow brush applies it to heavily. There are two colors in the box in case you want to go a little darker, and wax to seal the deal. It's not cheap, but I use such a small amount of powder daily that I know it will last me a while.

Kristen_TBeditor
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
I agree, try having them tinted by a pro

I also have blonde brows and opt to have them professionally tinted. For the amount of money you seem to be spending on products that don't work, the cost would likely equal out. Many spas/salons will tint them for around $10-15 and they can customize the color for you. Color lasts for three weeks to a month.

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
3 years ago
Get some brow powder!

While professional tinting might be the most lasting option, brow powder is great stuff. I have dark brows, but they need to be filled in a bit. I use brow powder every day to get my brows looking just right. There are MANY kinds of brow powders, at all price points. Wet 'n' Wild's Ultimate Brow kit is FANTASTIC, comes with tweezers and a good brush. NYX has a brow powder set, as does ELF, both of which are also inexpensive options. Clinique, Smashbox, Stila, Benefit and many other companies also make brow powders. I'd suggest going to a makeup counter and getting matched if you're nervous about the color.

Tashaturnbaugh
2 years, 11 months ago

Mary Kay has a Blonde brow liner that is back by popular demand. Its $10 and has a money back gaurentee. So if you dont like it you plainly let me know and I refund your money and you give me back the product, done. It is worth trying, if you are intrested contact me through my website at www.marykay.com/tturnbaugh.

molly_roemer
3 years, 5 months ago

I hear ya! I'm a natural blonde, but would like it if my brows were a bit darker. Now, mine aren't super blonde like yours (they're more like dark blonde/light brown). That said, I have had success with having my brows tinted professionally. Have you tried that route? I don't get my brows tinted regularly though, so I darken and define them daily with a product. I like Brow Zings by Benefit in the lightest hue available. It's $30 though, which is pretty pricy. Have you ever tried it? 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend