Home » Community » Message Boards » All About Nails » The Nail Shades You Worship!

Discussion

The Nail Shades You Worship!

There are some shades of nail polish that are just so brilliantly gorgeous, that I become convinced they are heaven-sent -- divine. You know, the colors that just speak to you, know you, bring out your inner most feelings ... OK, I'm getting excited. Really though, which colors would you kneel at the alter for?

I have so many, but I will start with one of my new faves. OPI just came out with their Holiday 2010 collection to promote the film Burlesque and I LOVE the shade Tease-y Does It. Here it is on:

OPI Tease-y Does It

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

8 Replies

ladyboarder9669
elite
3 years, 5 months ago
Nail polish shades

I ADORE a bright red, I have been sporting it for years! I think nothing says sexy like bright red nails!

Kristen_TBeditor
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
I too have so many nail polish faves!

Love the new OPI collection too -- I'm digging Ali's Big Break -- a sparkling red. But the shades that "bring me to my knees" -- well, for now anyway, are:

Essie Chinchilly -- a granite gray -- but it has a very subtle hint of green -- people always say that to me anyway.

Zoya Kelly -- a grayish hue with purple and blue undertones.

CND Asphalt -- a dark gray with a bit of a blue undertone. Many people think it's navy when I have it on.

Obviously I'm having a gray moment ... with a dash of sparkling red.

Honestly though, I have around 100+ polishes at home that I swear I love. Ha! Guess that makes me indecisive. Or experimental.

Kristen_TBeditor
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Do You Ever Give Your Toenails a Break From Polish?

I rarely do. I honestly feel naked without painted toes. But, I had a fabulous manicurist tell me I needed to give my toenails a little break from polish to really hydrate them with oil -- I have lots of white dehydration marks. So ... for the past five days, two hours and 39 minutes (not that I'm keeping track), I've been giving my nails a very sad break from pretty polish. This is so hard. I even wore socks to pilates yesterday (which I never do) because I was terrified to show my bare, exposed and unattractive toes to my class. Can't wait to paint them again on Saturday. So ... do you give your toes a break from polish? Is it as hard for you as it is for me? Share!

JanieTB
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: Do You Ever Give Your Toenails a Break From Polish?

That's so funny, I actually NEED to give my toes a break from polish on a regular basis. If I don't, I feel like they're suffocating from the polish, and I get paranoid that they'll start to become weak and brittle. So I only paint them every few months, and I rarely keep the polish on longer than two weeks straight. But that's just me ... being me. At least it's easier to get away with it in wintertime!

DevranM
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: The Nail Shades You Worship!

If you all haven't noticed by now I am a HUGE Essie fan :) (Ok I'm open to other brands, but I absolutely adore this one - esp the seasonal colors). If you haven't checked it out yet, I think it was last week that Essie released it's WINTER COLLECTION. 

My favs so far - obviously I have a love for shades of purple this season: 

Masquerade Belle

Essie-Masquerade Belle.jpg

Smokin' Hot

Essie-Smokinhot.jpg

Luxedo

Essie-Luxedo.jpg

ESSIE WINTER 2010 COLLECTION

BeautyAide
3 years, 4 months ago

Before the weather got colder I was really digging this cantaloupe color by OPI.  i also have this great gun metal color that I picked up not that long ago for a halloween costume that I can't help but reapply even a month after the fact!

makeupjunkie777
insider
3 years, 3 months ago

ORLY cosmix collection! Esp. Space Cadet <3

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago
RE The Nail Shades You Worship!

i love sally hansen hard as nails blue me away and sunkissed i also am in love with OPI hot and spicy.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend