Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Pimples pimples everywhere...

Discussion

Pimples pimples everywhere...

So normally I'm very lucky when it comes to blemishes on my skin. This week though I've broken out and I don't know what to really do since I don't normally have this problem.

I also have a date this weekend that I'd like to look good for.  Any suggestions PLEASE!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

scarrillo
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: Pimples pimples everywhere...

Hey Tracy,

Are you doing anything different? A new cleanser, moisturizer? Or have you been eating differently or anything like that? (I know I've been pounding the chocolate a little heavy since I have all this Halloween candy around the house.) Any of those things could be causing more breakouts. To treat them, I wouldn't go overboard with products since that can make it worse. Try using a face mask to zap oil, then use a spot treatment a couple times a day on blemishes. Good luck!

molly_roemer
3 years, 5 months ago

My skin is prone to breakouts, but I've found a few acne-fighting products from Dermalogica that I'm digging. So in the evening after I wash my face, if I'm feeling pimple-y, then I'll use the Overnight Clearing Gel. It "helps clear skin, calm inflammation and prevent future breakouts by reducing excess sebum, removing impaction plugs and eliminating bacteria." And the morning after I use it, I swear my skin looks and feels clearer. The only downside is that it is a bit drying, so just make sure you compensate by being generous with your moisturizer the following moring and evening.

50.png

The newly reformulated Concealing Spot Treatment is a great conceal-while-it-heals daytime product. I like that it doesn't contain Benzoyl Peroxide. While that ingredient is a well-know acne-fighter, it can sometimes be a too drying, so this product is an alternative for those of us who experince dryness with Benzoyl Peroxide.

52.png

ladyboarder9669
elite
3 years, 5 months ago
Stupid zits!

OMG, I used a way too old foundation once thinking it would still be ok, and I broke out all over within a day, and I never get zits! 

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 5 months ago

Thank you for the advice everyone. I think it must be all of the Halloween sweets and candy I ate this past week. It was like that episode of Seinfeld where Elaine had to eat birthday cake all the time. We kept seeing sweets everywhere and it's just hard to say no to chocolate when it is right in your face. I also won't lie, last week I went out twice and I fell asleep with my makeup on.

I'm hoping that these tips will help me in time for the weekend. I guess worse comes to worse, I have a good foundation I like.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend