Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Dying my hair

Discussion

Dying my hair

I want to color my hair, my natural hair color is an ashy dark blonde/light brown. I want to dye it just a shade darker. The only issue that I'm having is less than half of my bottom hair is still blonde from coloring it over 1 year ago, my hair takes forever to grow out. Can I still color my hair darker even with the blonde in it? Or should I wait until the rest of the dyed blond is cut out of my hair to dye it darker because I don't want the bottom of my hair coming out orange or anything.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

Tracyhep
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: Dying my hair

Hi Ozzie,

From what I understand, if you're going darker you shouldn't have a problem covering up the blond color. I'll ask around the office though and see if we can get any expert advice on this topic for you.

Post a pic of your new hairstyle when you make the change.

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 5 months ago

The overall consensus is yes, you can go darker and you don't need to wait for your hair to grow out.  Can't wait to see the new look. Smile

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 5 months ago

Hey Ozzie,
You def can dye it, but I would suggest (because of your two-tone issue) to see a profesional for the job. I wouldn't mess with any drugstore dye for such a delicate undertaking, especially since you are weary.

Ozzie85
insider
3 years, 5 months ago

So I did dye my hair. I used the Clairol Perfect 10 shade in Light Ash Brown. Everything came out perfect, I didn't have any issues with my hair being two toned.

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 5 months ago

That's awesome.  Can we see a photo?

mirakleen
3 years, 5 months ago

Beacause your hair is two toned i would suggest getting it colored at the salon depending on the results you want, if you color your hair at home the results will still be multi dimensional b/c some parts are lighter then other

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend