Home » Community » Message Boards » » A White Castle Candle -- Yup, You Better Believe It!

Discussion

A White Castle Candle -- Yup, You Better Believe It!

OK, I HAD to share this info immediately. I just found out that White Castle is launching a candle -- a "Original Slider" scented one. No freakin' joke. It has a "stream-grilled-burger-on-a bed-of-onions" scent. Would you buy this or ever want your house to smell this way?! I guess if you're a huge fan of White Castle maybe. But it might just make you crave a buger. It is pretty cute though. What do you think?image001.jpgimage001.jpg

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

7 Replies

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: A White Castle Candle -- Yup, You Better Believe It!

Perhaps it's being a west coaster (therefore biased towards Inn and Out), but there is NO way I would ever want to smell like New Castle. I don't know if I'd really want to smell like Inn and Out either, but probably be more inclined to do that.

LOL...it's amazing what companies come up with.

JanieTB
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
What's your fave candle scent?

I personally love fruity scents, and all of my candles are pomegranate/apple/cherry scented. I would definitely not want my house to smell like White Castle. But like you said, it's perfect for those who are huge fans.

molly_roemer
3 years, 5 months ago

I give White Castle props for creating this clever concept, however, as a vegetarian I can't say that I'd really enjoy the experience of smelling a slider-scented candle. It reminds me of those Demeter fragrances -- Gin & Tonic perfume, anyone?

Kristen_TBeditor
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
I'd take a gin & tonic scent over a burger one any day ...

But good compairson, Molly! The Leather scent Demeter does is an odd one too. And hey, have you had the chance to take a whiff of any of the Etat Libre d'Orange fragrances? They have one called Jasmine et Cigarette, which smells like, you guess it, Jasmine and Cigrettes AND they have one called Secretions Magnifiques -- I'll let your mind run away with what that one likely smells like.

DevranM
insider
3 years, 5 months ago

Ok so this is probably one of my favorite foods and also happens to now be in the form of a scented candle... sounds funny right? Some of the candle companies have adapted the Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Batter smell into a candle. Trust me - this goes above and beyond the traditional "vanilla" scent. And it definitely makes you want to eat some Funfetti too :) 

Here are some brands that have made amazing cake batter/funfetti smelling candles:

Yankee Candle : Vanilla Cupcake

vanillacupcakeyankee.jpg

Tiny Temptations Soy Candle : Happy Birthday Vanilla

tinytemptationscake.jpg

Chesapeake Bay Candle : Vanilla Cupcake

chesapeakecandle.jpg

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 5 months ago

Ew. I can just imagine this dream scenario:

"Hi friends, welcome to my home! So glad you could make it. No, no, no I'm not cooking dinner *bashfully laughs*, I just got this fab new candle that smells like dead cow meat because I think thats a really welcoming smell to come home to. Oh ... you're leaving? So soon?"

END SCENE

molly_roemer
3 years, 5 months ago

I can regretfully say that I have now smelled the White Castle candle -- before it was lit. It's def a burger-y, onion-y, I-don't-really-want-to-smell-this type of scent. I bet the fragrance intensifies while it's burning. 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend