Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Are there any foods that enhance beauty?

Discussion

Are there any foods that enhance beauty?

I've heard of things like how chocolate can elevate your mood, apples help counter act bad breath, but I was wondering if there are any foods that really help the apperance of your skin, hair etc.

Someone once told me something about fish oils but I'm not sure about that.  Anyone know anything that I don't on this topic?

Eating for Beauty in Los Angeles (aka Tracy) Cool

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

7 Replies

heidindg
allstar
3 years, 5 months ago
Yes!

I hear that foods rich in Omega 3's like Salmon and healthy fats like Avocado are the best!

mirakleen
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: Are there any foods that enhance beauty?

goji berries

have abundance of Vitamin c, helps with immune system, liver function and memory, 

Hope that helps

drrenuka
3 years, 5 months ago

Steam yourself. It's not only good for the skin but also reduces stress. Drink 8 glass of water every day for a good skin :)))))

Read more: http://www.lasscosmetics.com/beauty_tips_natural/skin_care_articles.php

TBjunkie
elite
3 years, 4 months ago

Take multi vitamins, drink plenty of water and make sure to rest

kenya
elite
3 years, 4 months ago
salmon

salmon and other foods with omega 3 fatty acids (peanuts, soy, etc) are amazing for your hair and skin and nails. i started to take omega 3 supplements about 2 months ago and now my nails are so STRONG, its annoying! my hair has grown out faster. as far as my skin, it does make a difference because i break out less, but i still break out just because I AM ACNE PRONE.

fish oil is amazing! take it!

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 4 months ago

Thanks for all the great tips everyone. I can't wait to try them out.

beautyxchange
3 years, 4 months ago
Yes, definitely Fish oils & Flax Oil because they are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids & DHA!

I used to take Spectrum Flaxseed Oil and it had amazing results on my skin.  I plan to start it up again after maternity.  Fish oils are rich in DHA & EPA which is vital in brain development...my prenatal vitamins even have them.  So you can't go wrong with Fish oils or Flax oil.  But, of course with anything always consult your doctor if you're not sure.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend