Home » Community » Message Boards » » My Healthy Beauty Tips

Discussion

My Healthy Beauty Tips

Ok so since no one has replied to this post and I think it is very important - I will start!

1. First off, I think that drinking A LOT of water helps your skin.. stay hydrated and your skin will have a nice glow! (also - try sitting in a steam room or sauna every couple of months) 

2. Secondly, always wearing an SPF is super important... I have SPF in my face lotion AND in my foundation (trying to stop the wrinkles from forming - yep even in the winter).

3. I also find that washing my face (morning and evening) has helped my acne-prone/oily skin from breaking out. (Cleansers I like: Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask, Neutrogena Deep Clean Relaxing Nightly Scrub, Clean & Clear Advantage 3 in 1 Exfoliating Cleanser)

4. Besides washing your face in the evening, I highly recommend taking off your eye makeup before you go to bed! (Yes I've left it on and when I wake up it looks like I have a black eye...not so flattering). 

5. Last but not least - I definitely notice a difference in my skin when I'm on a healthy diet and exercising. My skin seems to react positively when I cut out fried or fatty foods and instead eat a lot of veggies/greens. 

Hope this helps! 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

JanieTB
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: My Healthy Beauty Tips

Yes, taking your makeup off every night is a total must-do! Sleeping with your makeup on will lead to clogged pores, which will lead to an abundance of other skin problem, including pimples. 

And if you have oily skin (like me), make sure you use products specifically made for you. My fave cleanser is Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser -- it works SO well to cleanse my skin without stripping it. And don't forget to moisturize! Skipping the moisturizer will trick your skin into thinking it has to produce it's own oil, which will result in even oilier skin.

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 5 months ago

Hydration really is key. I once interviewed a health expert who said that the best way to get water into your body is to eat it though, as opposed to drinking it. Like instead of trying to guzzle down an ungodly amount of water that will just run straight through your body, eat some watermelon as it will hydrate you body better because you have to break it down. Food for thought ... er, drink for thought. 

molly_roemer
3 years, 5 months ago

I'm going to have to go with regular exercise on this one. Working out boosts circulation by raising your heart rate, which in turn will give you that healthy-looking glow afterwards. 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend