Home » Community » Message Boards » » Need some help with the circles under my eyes

Discussion

Need some help with the circles under my eyes

So I have dark features with lighter skin and if I don't wear concealer you can definitely see purple underneath my eyes. If I get a full night's sleep it doesn't look as bad, BUT I don't always do that (the problems of working women).

Does anyone have any tried and true favorites that work for lightening this area up?

Dark circles under eyes 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

10 Replies

DevranM
insider
3 years, 6 months ago
Laura Mercier Concealer for Dark Circles

I really like the Laura Mercier Concealer to cover up dark circles... trust me - I get them too (with AND without sleep)! The best part about the concealer is that there are 2 colors within the palettes so it helps with blending (looks more natural instead of that purple color) :) Good news is that it only costs $28 and you can get it at Sephora! There are 6 duo combinations you can choose from also!

laura mercier concealer.jpg

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 6 months ago
Re: Need some help with the circles under my eyes

Thanks for the tip. I love having the double color options, I feel like they blend better. Yellow also works really well on my skintones because I have a warm undertone.

Maybe I can find this product at a Sephora vending machine.  Wink

anna_jimenez
insider
3 years, 6 months ago

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 6 months ago

Guh, under eye circles are the devil's work, I'm convinced. OK, so a makeup artist once told me that the best way to combat dark eyes circles is to make sure you are picking the right shade of concealer for the tone of the circles. If the circles are bluish, choose a concealer with peach tones and if they're reddish, choose a yellow-toned concealer. He also said to be sure to place the concealer only where the darkness is and not under the entire eye area or you risk creating a reverse raccoon effect. And of course, enough sleep and hydration will help greatly as well.

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for the tips Anna.  I will try them out.

Beauty_Within
3 years, 5 months ago

As everyone previously stated a good concealer should do the trick. But, I like to use almond oil or after I've made my green tea I will use the warm bags on my eyes. It helps. You can also try drinking a cup of warm water with lemon each morning to flush out your system. It wakes up your skin and your organs. I find this helps me as well.

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for the tips everyone.

JanieTB
insider
3 years, 5 months ago

Yes, green tea bags work wonders!!

My favorite undereye concealer is It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye. It works AMAZING to cover those babies up.

concealer.jpg

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 5 months ago

Janie is totally right, this is one of the BEST concealers I have ever tried! 

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 5 months ago
Clinque Skin Brightener?

Awesome. Will totally have to try. I was at the airport this weekend and saw this new product from Clinque for brightening skin under the eyes.  It looks interesting. Has anyone tried it?

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend