Home » Community » Message Boards » All About Nails » Glue on Nails/Press on Nails: Amazing or Tacky?

Discussion

Glue on Nails/Press on Nails: Amazing or Tacky?

Recently, much to the chagrin of some of my co-workers that will go unnamed (you know who you are), I have been indulging in the exploration of glue on nails. I have tried two sets so far, both from Broadway nails: Chrome and Everyday nails. The Chrome nails were zebra printed and in my opinion fierce as fire. The Everyday French manicure nails were super cute and simple. I love them. I love them ALL. I think it's great that in less time than it takes me to paint my nails one color, I can have zebra nails that would make any safari hunter do a double take. What do you think? Are glue on nails tacky or awesome? Aka can I get a witness?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

11 Replies

kim_snyder
3 years ago
Hard on your natural nails

I had try them once for a review I was going to do. Removing them off my nails by soaking them in acetone too forever. I ripped one off by mistake, and it took part of my natural nail with it. I didn't soak them long enough I guess and it just took parts of my nails off with it from the glue. I would never do it again. It took me 5 months to have my natural nails back looking good again. It was probably the brand of glue that they used, as well as how you have to remove them to me that makes them totally wrong for me.

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 6 months ago
Glue on nails ... normally not for me but you're changing my opinion

I love your exploration of nail art.  I’m a tomboy at heart and hardly ever do my fingernails (toes are a different story). Mostly because they inevitably end up chipping and I don't have the time to do them weekly.

Now again because of the whole tomboy part of me ... press ons seem too girly.  But they also seem pretty efficient and as a workingwoman I am all about efficiency.

So my dear Anna Boat, you've inspired me to give them a try.  Thank you for sharing your nail love on this board.

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 6 months ago
Re: Glue on Nails/Press on Nails: Amazing or Tacky?

Yay Tracy! You should give them a try. If not as often as I, at least for a special occasion. I think the French manicure ones would look great if you are attending a wedding or party. Oh, perhaps even for a holiday dinner. Just my thoughts.

Beth_totalbeauty
3 years, 6 months ago
not really a hater...

I'm more worried about the damage glue does to the nail underneath. Seems like regular use would wreak a little havoc-party on your nails. But if they look natural and cute -- versus, say, giant French-manicured Fritos -- I probably wouldn't even know they were fake :) Not that yours looked like Fritos, but I see lots of people out there who are guilty.

But my fave is your kooky blue nails. Is that the OPI shade?

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 6 months ago

FRITO nails?! BAAAAAHAHA

Alright, thanks for the support ladies. I will only wear my long French tip fake nails in the privacy of my home ... under my covers or hiding in the closet ...

Oh and the blue nail shade is by Milani :)

Junebug505
insider
3 years, 4 months ago

I like the french manicure, press on, but they only stay on about a week.. easier for me to get acrylic, they last longer.. Are they good for you ?? I don't know and don't care,, lol.. I will die in acrylic, I love having my nails look good....I been wearing them for years... and years and years

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
glue on nails

Tacky!!! Store bought glue on nails {at least the ones I've tried} don't look natural, fall off easily, and, damage the natural nail. Iv'e also found that after one hand is done I have trouble applying the other.

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
Nails

Amazingly tacky!

aly7
elite
3 years, 1 month ago

I think that it depends. I like some, and others look tacky. I am sure ones by actual name brands are great, dollar store ones may not be......I rest my case:)

volta
elite
3 years, 1 month ago

Borderline tacky. I say this only because wearing press-on nails is like wearing runway fashion.

Very few people can pull it off, primarily because they're lucky enough that the plastic nails are the perfect fit on their natural nails. The majority of people can't pull off wearing plastic nails and the results are cheap, tacky and amateur.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend