Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » My quick way to remove calluses. Anyone else have any good ways too?

Discussion

My quick way to remove calluses. Anyone else have any good ways too?

I don't always have time to soak my feet so I found a quick way to help smooth away calluses.  While in the shower I put some In Shower Body Lotion on my feet and then rince off, then I gently rub a pummus stone over the callouses but you can also use a rough wash cloth too.  Also I found when I have run out of the lotion that three minute conditioner works almost as good.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

10 Replies

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: My quick way to remove calluses. Anyone else have any good ways too?

Wow! Alethea I'm seriously going to try this. If there is one thing I hate, it is dry cracked skin on my feet. It just looks so bad whith my kitten heels. I have been using the PedEgg. HAHA. I actually really like it. Have you tried?

JanieTB
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: My quick way to remove calluses

You can also try slathering your feet with lotion and wearing a pair of socks overnight. As weird as this sounds, I can't keep my hands off my feet the next morning. They're sooo soft.

scarrillo
insider
3 years, 5 months ago

These are great ideas guys! I have a microplane file that I use sometimes, although not often enough :) I like slathering this lotion on though: http://www.totalbeauty.com/reviews/product/92480/eucerin-plus-intensive-repair-body-creme It has Alpha hydroxy acids which help exfoliate away the calluses.

puddlejumper13
3 years, 5 months ago

I also use Eucerin lotion on my feet (along with the rest of my body)I actually just started to do some work with them and they let me try some of their other types of lotion.  I used to only use Eucerin Daily Skin Balance all over and it worked great but I then I tried their Plus Intensive Repair Foot Crème and it’s amazing!  (They also have an Intensive Repair Hand Crème which I also recommend).  It’s very important to use different lotions on different parts of your body, especially those areas that experience extra wear and tear.  Does anyone else use different lotions for certain parts?  Has anyone else tried Eucerin?

ladyboarder9669
elite
3 years, 4 months ago
Foot bath then file those babies off! Use a stridex pad, then eucerin and put socks on before bed!

JadaMiranda
insider
3 years, 3 months ago

I put either Vaseline or Omorovicza Body Cream on my feet at night then I wear socks.  Keeps it smooth.  I also go to a salon and have a foot spa. 

pinups
3 years, 2 months ago
Calluse prevention and upkeep

CND or Creative Nail Design makes a product I use in my spa pedicure treatments called Cucumber Heel and Foot Therapy. It's only sold at salons who used CND.  You should be able to find a local distrubuter via internet.  It is great for daily maintance.  Keep it by your bed and put a bit on the bottom of the foot and heel before bed.  It's not like a thick lotion so it absorbs really fast...no socks or waiting to get into bed! And it will take you less then 30 seconds.  Not to mention it smells great.  I spend anywhere from 10 to 18 hours a day on my feet and in heels, trust me when I say this is a must have.

JadaMiranda
insider
3 years, 2 months ago

That sounds nice, Althea.  Haven't done it yet.  What I do to keep my feet soft is I slather Vaseline or my favorite omorovicza body cream on my feet and wear socks.  Just like what Janie does.  Works great everytime.

aly7
elite
3 years, 1 month ago

A callus remover! LOL. Forever 21 has one....

click the link------

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=beauty%5Fviewall&product%5Fid=1064786787&Page=all

they also have a foot mask for moisture---

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=beauty%5Fviewall&product%5Fid=1064786773&Page=all

BPhussy
2 years, 12 months ago
Try Climb On! Salve

I have a friend who is a rock climber so she has rough hands with lots of calluses and she swears by Climb on! salve. Many of her rock-climber friends recommended it to her in the first place, so it must work. I'd probably recommend applying generously before bed and again in the morning. I believe it's available at any REI or at rei.com

Good luck!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend