Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Tips for flawless-looking skin

Discussion

Tips for flawless-looking skin

Hey Guys! Can you share what you use/do to get flawless-looking skin? Your favorite foundations, applications techniques, skin care secrets, anything!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

JanieTB
insider
3 years, 6 months ago
Re: Tips for flawless-looking skin

I've been using Stila's One Step Correct serum for a while now, and it has totally evened out my skin tone. It has this ultra-cool triple helix that includes three color correcting brighteners. I used to have some redness in my skin, but now it looks glowing with just this serum and some tinted moisturizer on top. Yay!

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 6 months ago

I don't naturally have flawless skin so I use foundation as a crutch (guilty as charged!) My favorite foundation that actually gets me compliments on my less-than-perfect skin is MAC's Pro Longwear foundation.

Alethea
insider
3 years, 6 months ago
Two of my must have products

I love Olay's daily exfoliating facials.  I will use one in the morning before applying my make-up and it really helps to get rid of my dry flakey skin and best of all it is super fast.  You just wet the cloth and wash your face.  There are two sides one that exfoliates and one that doesn't so you can also clean around your eyes or other sensitive areas all in one step.  My lotion is absorbed better and my make-up goes on smoother if I even deside to go with foundation that day.  I also must say I absolutly love Du-Wop Prime Venom for my lips.  It smooths out any lines and slightly plumps my lips while conditioning them.  These are two of my must have products I always recomend to my friends.

beccacosmetica
insider
2 years, 4 months ago

A well formulated skincare routine that doesn't utilise irritating products, high quality effective makeup (my favourite foundation is MAC Studio Sculpt!) and great makeup brushes, I love using a stipple brush for my foundation to give an airbrushed finish.

Jenna32
2 years, 2 months ago

My secret weapon for applying foundation is the type of brush I use.  Instead of those foundation brushes that look like a paintbrush, I use a synthetic flat-top brush.  I pour some foundation in my hand, dip the flat top brush in it, and swirl it around in a buffing motion on my skin.  It comes out flawless- not streaky like with a regular foundation brush or your fingers.  Plus, you can put it on so quick this way, and it covers perfectly.

My favorite one is my Sonia Kashuk at Target.  Here's the link to it HERE.  The reviews on it are incredible- 5 stars!

Jenna

The Budget Beauty Blog

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend