Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » My best secret for oily skin

Discussion

My best secret for oily skin

Is moisture! A lot of people use Proactiv and other products with a high concentration of acne fighters and think they don't work or that they become more oily. That happens because they are so drying that before you dry out your skin compensates by producing more oil. At night after you wash use a lightweight oil free mositurizer and it will cause your skin to produce a bit less oil thus not clogging your pores and/or causing as many zits. :)

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

12 Replies

heidindg
allstar
3 years, 5 months ago
Blotting paper

I too, am obsessed with clean and clear blotting paper!

JadaMiranda
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: My best secret for oily skin

I've been using Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm.  It regulates the production of oil on my face.  I've have also tried Nivea oil control cleanser but didn't work for me.  At night, I apply a water based moisturizer. A creamier moisturizer with spf during the day, since it's winter I don't want to get my skin really dry.  Also I exfoliate three times a week.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend