Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » My best secret for oily skin

Discussion

My best secret for oily skin

Is moisture! A lot of people use Proactiv and other products with a high concentration of acne fighters and think they don't work or that they become more oily. That happens because they are so drying that before you dry out your skin compensates by producing more oil. At night after you wash use a lightweight oil free mositurizer and it will cause your skin to produce a bit less oil thus not clogging your pores and/or causing as many zits. :)

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

12 Replies

flawless_skin
3 years, 6 months ago
Oily Skin Care

Every skin has its own types and it is not necessary that if for one a particular product is working good, for the other also it will do so. It is not so. For oily skin only gel based moisturizers are recommended , and other make up products that are referred for oily skin should be either organic or gel based. People also work out some home remedies to treat their oily skin and which is effective also.

Here I would like to share some tips to treat your oily skin on the site : Skin care tips

Victoriaca
3 years, 5 months ago
A few more tips I know to deal with oily skin

Hi,

A few tips to help keep that oily skin I use are ...

-First, drink lots of water. It lubricates the skin and helps skin to behave.

-Use sun protection, at least SPF 15 or more that protects against UVA and UVB rays.

-Choose a light or sheer sunscreen; many are made for oily skin.

-Avoid oil-based cosmetics. They add more oil to your skin and aggravate any problems you already have.

-Victoria

DevranM
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: My best secret for oily skin

Those are great tips. I have EXTREMELY oily skin and someone recommended I use Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion. I don't dislike the product; however, I don't feel as though it is making my face less oily. Has anyone used it before or have a recommendation for a daily lotion that helps minimize oily skin problems??

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 5 months ago

I have combination skin and though it tends to be more on the normal/dry side I definitely don't put oily stuff on my oily areas. For example my forehead and chin are prone to be oilin so I don't put heavy skin oils on those areas.  I've found when I put heavy stuff on those areas I break out.

I also highly recommend Arcona's Cranberry toner. It's not the cheapest stuff but it's pretty amazing. 

heidindg
allstar
3 years, 5 months ago
Agreed

Toner works wonders for oily skins because it helps reduce oil and pore size and most importantly returns your skins ph balanace to normal after cleansing. That way,your next product will penetrate properly. I maintain my stance on using moisturizer, as long as it is lightweight, oil free and used only once a day.

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 5 months ago

It's all about the oil blotting pads for me to control shine. I'm obsessed with the NYX blotting papers. I also secretly enjoy seeing how much oil is sliding off my face ... is that weird? My oily skin savers

JadaMiranda
insider
3 years, 5 months ago

I have an oily skin and I use a gel facial cleanser and a water based moisturizer.  It is recommended for oily skin. 

ezfurs
3 years, 5 months ago
if you want any advice, please check here

you can come to www.ezfurs.com to have a check

heidindg
allstar
3 years, 5 months ago

I agree with the blotting papers! They work wonders!

JanieTB
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
My favorite blotting paper!

I'm obsessed.

Clean and Clear

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend