Home » Community » Message Boards » » Community Guidelines

Discussion

Community Guidelines

Total Beauty Community accounts are intended for personal use, for our members to share photos, blogs, videos and comment on message boards that they themselves have created.

The following Community Guidelines are here to help you understand what it means to be a member of Total Beauty. Don't forget that your use of Total Beauty is subject to these Guidelines and our Terms of Use. <
http://www.totalbeauty.com/terms>

What to do

• Do play nice.
  • We're a community of many types of people who all have the right to feel comfortable and who may not think what you think, believe what you believe or see what you see. So, be polite and respectful in your interactions with other members.
  • Do upload content that you have created.
  • Respect the copyright of others. This means don't steal photos or videos that other people have shared and pass them off as your own.
  • Do moderate your content.
  • You need to take responsibility for ensuring that what you upload is appropriate. If your judgment proves to be poor, we'll moderate your content, send you a warning and/or remove you from the community.
  • Do enjoy the community!
  • See the world through each other’s eyes, participate, connect, engage, share and expand your mind.

What not to do

Here’s the deal: In most circumstances, we like to give second chances, so we’ll send you a warning if you step across any of the lines listed below. Subsequent violations can result in account termination without warning.

• Don’t upload anything that isn't yours.
  • This includes other people's photos, video and/or stuff you've collected from around the Internet. Accounts that consist primarily of such collections may be terminated at any time.
  • Don’t show nudity.
  • Only content considered "safe" is appropriate for your photos and videos. If we find that you've uploaded media that contains "moderate" or "restricted" content, we'll remove the media and terminate your account.
  • Don’t upload content that is illegal or prohibited.
  • If we find you doing that, your account will be deleted and we'll take appropriate action, which may include reporting you to the authorities.
  • Don’t vent your frustrations, rant, or bore the brains out of other members.
  • Total Beauty is not a venue for you to harass, abuse, impersonate, or intimidate others. If we receive a valid complaint about your conduct, we’ll send you a warning or terminate your account.
  • Don’t be creepy.
  • You know the guy. Don't be that guy.

·      Don’t be False.

Don't create multiple accounts to troll or otherwise violate these guidelines or the Total Beauty Terms of Service. Don't post things that are incomprehensible or in the wrong language, and don't post the same question over and over again and don’t SPAM. Be responsible and don’t misrepresent yourself, claim false credentials or expertise or give advice in a way that might cause someone harm. Don’t incite or advocate violence or harmful practices.
·      Don’t Spread Disease.

Don't post links to sites that contain viruses or malicious programs or that interfere with the operation of TotalBeauty.com.  

• Don’t Cheat.

Our points system is meant to reward the community members for sharing and participating, so creating multiple accounts or posting content for the sole purpose of gaining points or soliciting others for points is not permitted.

• Don’t Violate the Law

Members are not above the law, so don't post anything that violates the laws of your country, state, province, or city. Don't try to trick people into sharing their personal information, steal anything (like copyright or trademark material), or break into places you shouldn't be. Don't threaten, harass, impersonate, or hurt others, and don't invade other people's privacy.

Here are some other things to keep in mind:

We’ve crafted these guidelines to ensure that everyone within the community has the experience they want. It’s important that you understand the importance of moderating your content responsibly. If you don't feel that you can abide by our Community Guidelines as outlined above, maybe the Total Beauty Community isn't for you.

If you ever have any questions or comments, we'd love to hear from you. Please feel free to drop our community manager a line at
Thepler@totalbeauty.com

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

TBjunkie
elite
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: Community Guidelines

I love the direction Totalbeauty has taken, the user experience has improved greatly and you are all doing a great job!Smile

Supernaturalfan
insider
3 years, 4 months ago
I agree

This all sounds like common sense to me!  LOL

Although I miss some features from the old TB site, I LOVE the new "my home" feature, and how you can follow your discussions (whether you started it or not) much better!  I also see how spamming of the board seems to have stopped.  Laughing

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 4 months ago
So glad to hear you like the changes

We want this community to be a place you truly enjoy and get the best beauty advice from our editors and fellow beauty lovers like yourselves.  Looking forward to continued connection and making the community an amazing place for all of our passionate readers. 

escoso4594
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Reviews!

Hi!! Hey are we still able to see the reviews we have submitted? I can't find that option anywhere...

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
If you go to the product and click to write a review it will come up if you already wrote one or not

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend