Home » Community » Message Boards » All About Nails » Nail Art: Yay or Nay?

Discussion

Nail Art: Yay or Nay?

I tend to lean towards nay more often than not, at least on my own hands. I think nail art can look really cool when it's done right but it's a fine line between cool/edgy and scary/tacky. What do you guys think? Any nail art you love or hate? If you're currently rocking some nail art, post pictures!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

18 Replies

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago
yay

i did these hope you like them cuz it took a WHILE

008.JPGA LITTLE PEACE ACTION

006.JPGFINGERS!

005.JPGcLOSE UP. THEY ARE NEON BLUE WITH WHITE BLACK AND SIVER GLITTER STRIPES

004.JPGmORE FINGERS.

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
re Nail Art: Yay or Nay?

002.JPG

001.JPG

001.JPG

001.JPG

002 (2).JPG

007.JPG

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Nail Art: Yay or Nay?

I love this Aly. Great work. You inspired me ... now if I could old find the time to get my own nail art done.  Sigh!

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
re Nail Art: Yay or Nay?

i am kinda obsessed I do my nails every nite. in fact, i am currently removing my old polish and decieding what color i should paint

sweetsour1981
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
Nail Art....Yay, just not on me!

Nail art is so pretty, and i like it, just not on me.  My nails are very long.  And they are natural.  I like the fact that i can file or clip a nail if it's bothering me, rather than going to a salon to get it fixed.Embarassed  But, i definately don't knock it.  When i was younger, i did like to get french manicures, but that was before kids, house cleaning, gardening and animalsLaughing   BTW  all the nail art i've seen is very nice..keep it up girls!!!

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
Re: Nail Art: Yay or Nay?

I m sure you could pull it off, sweetsoor1981!

zhanna_schonfeld
2 years, 12 months ago
Love it.

I tried Sally Hansen Nail Effects for some cute nail art and was really impressed! It didn't take long at all and was easy to put on. The best part about it was not waiting for nail polish to dry and no mess. I posted the results here:

http://obsesh.com/l/31

BPhussy
2 years, 12 months ago
It all depends...

Most times I prefer solid nail colors, but I do appreciate some nail art from time to time.  I just believe in staying age appropriate when it comes to things like makeup, hair, nails and fragrance.  I love the Flinstones themed nails pictures above in the thread! I've also seen an Ugly Dolls themed set on a blog somewhere. I think those can be edgey/cute/intersting. Borderline being too much, but not crossing the line just yet.  A lot of nails can be extremely tacky, though, and it just makes me cringe!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend