Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Hair Loss!

Discussion

Hair Loss!

I am a woman! I shouldn't be experiencing this! I have no idea what to do to help stop my thinning hair! I have run into so many women lately experiencing the same thing. Could it be the pollutants in the air? Yes, my mom is suffering from the same thing but we started thinning out about 5 years ago. If it's genetic, shouldn't I start thinning out in my 40s and not my 20s? Any advice is appreciated!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

16 Replies

jbynum
insider
2 years, 1 month ago
Hair Loss!!!

I hear ya about that hair loss, it's a bummer!!! I am a 42 year old mother with two teenagers and my hair has been braided with a scarf on for years now. Don't get me wrong I love my hair, but I don't know what to do. I have a big bald spot right at the very top (crown) of my head. I have thick, long beautiful hair (that is continously growing) everywhere else but there. What do I do with that!!! I can't afford all the new things that can be done, so I wear wigs. Wigs are okay, but I really would love to wear my own hair. There are many times when I want to wash and condition my own hair, blow dry it and then flat iron it to get it really straight--then take the crown piece from a wig, cut it out so that it will be the same size as my bald spot, and glue it to my head. That is just how desperate I am!!! They say that Rogaine and some of those other products do help, but the catch is that you have to keep buying and using those products for the best results. But the minute you stop, that's it--your back to the drawing board. So what do I do?? I hope and pray that one day I am able to afford to go and get my hair done by someone who actually specializes in this type of hair loss problem and that I can keep it up, making it a regular hair care routine for me. That's the only way that I will be confident again with my hair- if and only if-I am put in the hands of a great beautician. Someone who will keep it up for me and teach me how to keep it up and care for it. So GOODLUCK ladies!!! There is something and someone out there who can help-so don't give up. Our hair is our CROWN & GLORY!!!!!!! I won't give up, I will just keep wearing my wigs, until it's my time!!!!!

freedom4ever12345
2 years, 1 month ago
Where to get organic vitamins and hair therapy

I totally know what you are talking about. Almost out of nowhere, I noticed that my hair was thinner, which was weird because I have always had thicker hair, and it was always healthy.I noticed that I have super dry spots on my scalp. So I was recommended to go to this website that had 100% organic vitamins and supplements and amazing hair care (as well as lots of other stuff, I get so much stuff there now hahaha) and if I didn't like it or it didn't work, I had 6 months to return it, so I was like, why not try it then?

It's www.kingslifestyle.com, the products I use are Shine (vitamin for hair, nails, and skin), scalp serum (an intensive serum that moisturizes your scalp and allows the new hair to grow through), a hair and scalp mask, shampoo & conditioner, daily vitamins, and a few other vitamins.

I guess alot of women who experience hair thinning is due to the health of their scalp (which is due to diet, products, environment, and supplementation) My hair is thicker and healthier looking already, I have lots of new hair, and even more fuzzy guys hahaha

I would totally recommend going to that site for anyone who's experiencing this, it has sure changed my life. And it gets shipped to your door! Totally awesome lol I hope that helps!!

BlondeBabe
insider
2 years, 1 month ago
HAIR LOSS!

I have always had thin hair but I wore it short-blew it out-and it was really not noticable-Three years ago I moved to another state and was extremely stressed out.  And gradually the bomb hit-the top of my head was losing hair-I went to a dermatologist-(By the way-menapause was not very kind to my hair) and he said I had alapocia - and said my nerves were the culprit-I received injections in my head for about a year and then he added rogaine for woman and now he added a cream called vanos-which you use 14 days on and then 14 days off-I am finally seeing a difference-so don't despair-see your dermatologist so you don't have a breakdown and will get the proper information and treatment.  Good Luck-I symatize with your situation.

BlondeBabe
insider
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Hair Loss!

BlondeBabe
insider
2 years, 1 month ago
HAIR LOSS!

SEE A DERMATOLOGIST-I started two years ago loosing my hair-dermatologist startKissed to  give me shots in the bald spots-said to use woman's rogain-and now has added a cream called vanos-use for two weeks-stop-and then back to the 2 weeks.  I have definitely seen a difference-but it is a very devasting situation and exerience.  I have also added vitamins-fish oil and what ever else I think will do the trick.  My heart goes out to you especially when the idiots of the world stare at you like you should stay inside your house-Be happy and Well.

toddfan
allstar
2 years ago
Hair loss

I've been struggling with this for a while. My hairdresser pointed it out. I thought I was the only person! It's amazing that it seems like an epidemic.I too was given Vanos and use minox. I have some hair growing back. It's pure white!Now I have more thinning in other areas. Is it in the water, air, what's going on? Anyways,I feel for everyone going through this. I also have intense scalp pain for a few weeks before the hair loss. Does anyone else? Oh. I don't use face book.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend