Home » Community » Message Boards » » Why Do we Have To List Our Zip (Location????)

Discussion

Why Do we Have To List Our Zip (Location????)

Do we really have to have a location or zip listed everyone is trying to be safe online and I already saw advertisments talking about my location can we keep this secret no one needs to know this except for TotalBeauty it's not like Im going to go and visit anyone in their location I would only meet at events.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

BostonBeauty
3 years, 6 months ago
Re: Why Do we Have To List Our Zip (Location????)

When I view your profile, I don't see your zip code. I'm confused to where you are seeing your zip code?

If you are talking about advertisements, those are based on you internet IP address..every site can pull up that information. No one sees it but you, it helps the advertisers to cater to your local places.

If you don't like it, you should try a ad blocker on your computer.

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 6 months ago
Why we ask for your zip code

We collect ZIP for two reasons

First, sometimes we send you guys info on beauty events that are happening in your town, or if Total Beauty is hosting an event in your town. (We need to know who lives in, for example, Philadelphia, so we know who to invite.)

Secondly, we like to know know demographics of our readers -- for example, are you all NY/CA people, what climate you're in -- so we know how to write stories that you care about. We don't display your location for other users to see so your information is prviate and safe.

I hope this makes you feel better. Feel free to send me any questions directly at Tracy@totalbeauty.com

Supernaturalfan
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: Why Do we Have To List Our Zip (Location????)

This must be from the old profile style.  It does ask for zip code, but you don't have to put your real one.  LOL  Also, someone said something about their age showing up, but mine doesn't have it on the basic statistics.  I mentioned it in the box where it says to say something about yourself if you want.

I think some styles haven't converted yet.  I started a separate topic on profile styles, old vs. new.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend