Home » Community » Message Boards » » Best hair straightener hands down- The Chi

Discussion

Best hair straightener hands down- The Chi

I bought the chi a few years ago and it has by far been the best straightener i've ever used! Other flat irons wouldn't flat out all my waves in my thick hair. The chi flatens it all out perfectly AND leaves it shiny! I love the chi!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

9 Replies

SusanPowers
3 years, 6 months ago
Curling iron for very fine hair

You probably can't tell since I'm wearing a hat in this photo but I have very VERY fine hair (thanks Swedish ancestors).  Anyhow I love the look of beautiful curls but I can't get them to stay for more than 30 min ... NO JOKE.  Any other ladies out there with fine hair who have had better luck with curling tools?  I'm pretty desperate and haven't found anything that works.  

Reviyve
insider
3 years, 6 months ago
Give It Up For the InStyler!

Oh I have to say I felt the Chi was a waste of money for my hair.  It's too drying and I don't think it's best for ethnic  hair.

The InStyler on the other hand....OMG I couldn't believe how sillk, shiny, straight and soft my hair felt.

I also love the fact that I can straight and curl in one step. 

I've had a lot of products and I honestly can say I like this one best.  The price of $150 (BOGO), is so worth it.  But even more so the fact that the unit does't get too hot but still accomplishes wonders, I'm sold :-)

Michelle

jenjen12
3 years, 6 months ago
Flat Irons

I've never purchased anything fancy, but I've been using a thin ceramic one from Revlon for years now that does burn my hair and leaves it looking pretty straight/night (I have medium/thick hair).

Has anyone every tried one of those straightners that dry and straighten your hair?  I'm curious but afraid it might burn my locks.   

Kristen_TBeditor
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Curling tips for fine hair

Susan,

Here are a couple of tricks I've picked up over the years that might help curls finally last in your fine hair.

1. Try using a smaller iron that you normally would (like a 3/4-inch or 1-inch). Though the curls will come out tighter than you want them to be, they'll drop a bit eventually and you'll end up with the softer curls you desire.

2. Prep hair with volumizing mousse. This will add "grip" to your hair to help lock in the curl and plump up your fine strands.

3. Lightly spritz each section of hair with hairspray before you curl it. This will also help the curls really last.

Let me know if this works for you!

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: Best hair straightener hands down- The Chi

I share your love ladyboarder. Totally worth saving pennies (actually probably quarters ... over years) for.

caligurllove
3 years, 5 months ago
CHI Flat Iron... I agree they are the best professional tool!

As a professional, my favorite is CHI Flat Iron as well! I love the CHI Ceramic Ionic 1" Flat Iron. I can assure you, it is the only hair straightener you will need! It is made from NASA-grade ceramic and has never pulled on my hair. It straightens quickly and effectivel!  

JanieTB
insider
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: Best hair straightener

OMG, how cute is GHD Rare?! I would purchase this for the packaging alone. Love!

leopard print flat iron.jpg

molly_roemer
3 years, 5 months ago
Re: Best hair straightener hands down- The Chi

That's a super cute straightner and it matches your Snuggie to boot ;)

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
re: best beauty

I dont wear makeup. Maybe a bit of blush or lipgloss. For my hair, I love  BIOSILK beach texture. I won it in an Allure contest. Thanks Allure and BIOSILK! My hair is naturally a bit wavy. This accentuates it and looks and feels totally natural!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend