Home » Community » Message Boards » » Red lips for fall?

Discussion

Red lips for fall?

Red lips are a huge trend for fall and I love the look -- but I'll admit I'm a little afraid to try it. I've been doing baby steps though -- applying a deeper than usual lip stain (love Benefit Benetint) and dabbing on a tiny bit of red lip color. What do you guys think of red lips? Should I continue with my baby steps or just (wo)man up and take the plunge?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

9 Replies

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 6 months ago
Embrace the red.

Hi Sarah,

I think you should go for it.  I use to sorta feel nervous about red too, but I found that if I make that my main accessory that I feel like I can pull it off.  You know sort of like a blingy necklace or big earings.  Plus now that it's fall, you definitely have no excuse :) 

So in closing...rouge on girl. 

rebecca_bostwick
3 years, 6 months ago
I'm going to work up the nerve to give this a try...

Red lips scare me. They're gorgeous, but I've never felt like I can pull it off. Hopefully this fall I can find the perfect red for my coloring and rock it! 

scarrillo
insider
3 years, 6 months ago
Re: Red lips for fall?

I hear ya Rebecca, I keep putting it on and then wimping out and wiping it off before I leave the house. But I think tomorrow might be the day! Want to be my beauty twin and try it with me? :)

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 6 months ago
You girls can do it!

I did it today :) 

Red lips for FallRed lips for FallRed lips for Fall

scarrillo
insider
3 years, 6 months ago
Ahhhhh, love it!

It looks so great! OK, enough's enough, I'm wearing it tomorrow, I'll try to remember to post a pic :)

Sroderick
3 years, 6 months ago
Lady in Red

LOVE the look! I've been rocking more of an orange-red for the summer (a bit daring, but quite fun!) and can't wait to transition to a bit of smokier red for fall.

candy_darr
insider
3 years, 6 months ago
Go for the Red!

.....Red Lipstick was one of the best inventions of all time, in the 1920's I beieve, by Max Factor.  I have a neighbor from the "Glamour Days in Chicago",  who tells me old stories of the first movie star who wore red lipstick in a movie, and the next day, all of the stores were sold out!  Red lipstick is a trend that NEVER goes out of style, and it is the best weapon a woman has, so use it!   Research shows that the most sexy thing a woman can wear is red lipstick and red toenail polist (and I personally go for the fingernails too).   Red lipstick is smoking HOT, and when you wear it, that is how you will feel ! Hot Hot Hot ~ It is partly the attitude that comes with it, and you will feel glamorous, confident and sexy!!

Go for the Red!

misscrystal
3 years, 6 months ago
Re: Red lips for fall?

The best way to wear red lips is to be confident! Girls, if you want to wear that red- do it! I bet if you slap it on and strut your stuff, you will look amazing. You might even inspire another to take the red lip leap!

I love reds with a blue undertone, they help make your teeth look whiter!

Kristen_TBeditor
insider
3 years, 6 months ago
I'm loving red lips for fall too, but ...

I have to warn you about something -- because a friend of mine made this mistake last week and I want to prevent it from happening to you all who are diving into red lipstick for the first time. Please, please make sure it doesn't end up on your teeth. It's so not pretty. The best way to prevent this is to ... one, blot after applying lipstick, so it's not so caked on that it moves around. And two, stick your index finger in your mouth and pull it out with your lips puckered around it. The excess lipstick that would potentially end up on your teeth will come off on your finger. Works every time. Oh, and if you want to know a classic red hue to go with ... try MAC lipstick in Russian Red (it's Gwen Stefani's signature, but looks fab on a ton of different skin tones).

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend