Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » What to do if you get mascara under or over your eye while applying.

Discussion

What to do if you get mascara under or over your eye while applying.

This is a make-up artist trick that I learned a few years ago.  If you get mascara anywhere but your eyelid, your first impulse is to wipe it off, right?  Wrong.  Let it sit there until it's dry, then scrape it off with your nail.  It sounds unpleasant, but you won't be scraping hard or long.  Hope this helps!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

17 Replies

Coconutvanilla7
insider
2 years, 7 months ago
Re:

I put a little baby oil on the end of a Q-tip and it works like magic!!!

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 7 months ago
Thats good to know! Thanks for the tip!

eyechic
1 year, 8 months ago
Re: What to do if you get mascara under or over your eye while applying.

thanks for the tips, I usually wipe it off right away and sometimes get messed my eyes so I have to redo my eye makeup over again.

hamolla
allstar
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Re: What to do if you get mascara under or over your eye while applying.

I use an ear bud, wet it very little and remove easily the unwanted mascara around the eyes. I can put some concelear on the ear bud and cover the place if anything.

JanieTB
insider
3 years, 6 months ago
Re:

That's interesting, Beautifile! I usually just swipe some eye makeup remover over the area and it disappears. Another tip is to start with your eye makeup BEFORE apply your face makeup, so you won't have to redo your undereye concealer/foundation in case of a mistake.

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 6 months ago
Also try waterproof mascara

I have always heard that if mascara tends to smudge easily on your face after use, that you should be using a waterproof formula. I personally love the MAC waterproof ones.

PaigeMe
3 years, 6 months ago
Use a mineral tinted sunscreen instead of foundation

I don't like the feel of most foundations so I just use a tinted sunscreen.  It evens out my skintone and gives me an extra glow.  If you don't like foundation but what a little shimmer, this is what I do every day and everyone comments on how great my skin looks.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend