Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » What to do if you get mascara under or over your eye while applying.

Discussion

What to do if you get mascara under or over your eye while applying.

This is a make-up artist trick that I learned a few years ago.  If you get mascara anywhere but your eyelid, your first impulse is to wipe it off, right?  Wrong.  Let it sit there until it's dry, then scrape it off with your nail.  It sounds unpleasant, but you won't be scraping hard or long.  Hope this helps!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

17 Replies

makeupjunkie777
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
Re: What to do if you get mascara under or over your eye while applying.

Another possible solution that I use is to hold an old credit card/gift card (you can cut it to fit your eye if you want) behind my lashes while I apply to aviod getting mascara on my eyelid in the first place (:

Dena2010
3 years ago
mascara under or over your eye while applying

hi... I learned this one when I was get my hair colored. The make-up artist was applying mascara when she was bumped by a passing dresser. WOW!!!,,,, She got out an eraser... yeap!!!,  it was one of those pointy ones you put on your pencil; she just gently wiped it and it took the mascara off. 

So.. of course.. I was hooked from that day on. 

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
3 years ago
I do that too!

I've found that if I scrape it off right away (instead of waiting til its dry), it's easier to get off.

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 6 months ago
Q-tips to the rescue

I use a simple Q-tip swab to wipe my excess mascara off.  Adding a little moisturizer to helps to keep your makeup looking fresh (despite your little accident). 

toddfan
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
mascara

Why not just hold a tissue uner your eye when applying mascara? That is a good tip though!

ellie_smiles
3 years, 1 month ago

Not a bad idea, but it seems like it might be a little painful. I know someone else already mentioned it, but I just take a q-tip with some moisturizer and dab it away.

zhanna_schonfeld
2 years, 12 months ago
Q tip method

I use a damp q-tip, it's precise and it takes it right off. There is no smearing, no waiting and no fuss.

sarahgurl1116
insider
2 years, 11 months ago
cool.

I just use my finger dipped in Clinque's makeup remover. Works great!

lovetiffany
2 years, 10 months ago

Let it dry first, like what you said, but use a q-tip. its so much softer on skin and it still comes right off.

<3 Tiffany

beautyelements
2 years, 10 months ago
What to do if you get mascara under or over your eye while applying

i put a tiny amount of primer on a q tip and very gently sweep it away or if the mascara is dry you can usually flick the flecks off

much love

claire

xoxo

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend