Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » DIY recipes

Discussion

DIY recipes

My fave is a brown sugar scrub (made of brown sugar & olive oil) and I use this to exfoliate my hands, arms, legs, etc. I also like to use a plain yogurt mask for my oily skin. 

Share your favorite DIY recipes!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

10 Replies

annatotalbeauty
insider
3 years, 6 months ago
Nail polish stains begone!

I always soak my finger nails in baking soda or brush them with whitening toothpaste to remove stains or yellowing on the nails. I am guilty of never wearing base coat (lazy, I know) so this helps if I have recently worn a dark color on my nails like red or vamp.

makeupjunkie777
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
Re: DIY recipes

Mayonnaise, honey, and avocado deep conditioning mask for hair! Got the recipe from Ingrid/missglamorazzi --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXpi0RacueE&feature=channel

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago
re DIY recipes

i love a cuticle balm. with almond oil and essential oil. smear it on your cuticles and it will make them SOFTInnocent

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 3 months ago
Vitamin E oil on your lashes and eyes

I have a good friend who has gorgeous lashes naturally (yes I'm a little jealous, but she's a wonderful girl and deserves them). I spent New Year's with her and during breakfast I couldn't help but ask her if she used any of the lash enhancing products out there. She said no, but what she did do was pop a vitamin E capsule with a pin every night and put the vitamin E on her lashes and where her crows feet and laugh lines are.  

So I've now done this two nights in a row and I'm going to do it for a month and see if there is any noticeable difference in my lashes.  

I'm hoping for something, but not getting my hopes up Wink

DevranM
insider
3 years, 3 months ago

That sounds amazing if it really works! How about Argan oil? I know everyone says that putting it on your face is good for your skin (I've tried doing around my eyes and crows feet areas). How about eyelashes too? Has anyone tried that?

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago
reDIY recipes

no i have not tried that, it might work

addkg777
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
skin

my fav diy mask is oatmeal, sugar, and honey. its really soothing and makes my skin feel soft.Cool

aly7
elite
3 years, 2 months ago
Also, BautyAndAllThat I use brown sugar, orange essential oil, and canned peaches as exfoliater

lisa2683
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
Argan Oil

I saw someone posted something asking if anyone has used it on their eyelashes.  I recently purchased Josie Moran's Bronzed Beauty kit from Sephora and it included a sample of the Argan oil.  I was skeptical to use it because I was afraid my skin was going to look worse then the BP oil spill but it actually works wonders!! I put it all over my face and neck and you can even use it in your hair (not near the roots).  I've been using it for almost a month and I'm starting to see a difference with my eyelashes (and skin/hair).  I highly recommend trying it!!!!Smile

hamolla
allstar
7 months, 2 weeks ago

Almond or olive oil on face, instead of moisturizer and ricine oil on lashes to grow fuller and thicker.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend