Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » fave natural beauty products?

Discussion

fave natural beauty products?

So lately I've been all about using more natural stuff with safer ingredients, but I find that they're really hit and miss, which can be super disapointing because they're quite a bit more expensive. What have been your favorite natural skin, hair, makeup etc. products, and which ones did you find out were a bust? Here is my list:

Faves:

Burts Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Facial Cream Cleanser

Kiss My Face Miss Treated Shampoo and Conditioner

Nature's Gate Tea Tree Body Lotion

Bombs:

Avalon Lavender Shampoo and Conditioner - totally stripped my hair and left it with crazy static

Physicians Formula 100% Organic Mascara - runs like crazy if it comes into contact with ANY water, left me with raccoon eyes by the end of the day

Earth Science Almond Aloe Facial Moisturizer - made my acne flare up like mad, was way too heavy for my sensitive, super-picky skin.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

16 Replies

HealthyLivingNaturalBeauty
elite
3 years, 1 month ago
I'm also in to natural products

My personal blogpage is all about natural products and foods that don't contain bad ingredients either.  I've been trying several natural products and written reviews about them as well. 

My faves:  Tom's of Maine toothpaste and mouthwash ( once I swithed over to these products, my dentist asked me what I was doing different because I hardly had any plaque on my six month checkup) and he told me to keep doing what I was doing because it was having a good effect on my teeth.  I switched because of the scare of alcohol in mouthwashes possibly causing oral cancer.  It made me start checking everything I was using. 

I also like JASON deodorant, it doesn't contain the dangerous aluminum or parabens. It also works.

I like Yes to Carrots company-I've tried Yes to Cucumbers Daily Gentle Cleanser and love it and our family has tried the Yes to Tomatoes shampoo also works great.

I also like many of Burt's Bees products, so far I have not had any negative experiences with any of the products I've used by that company.

The one thing I tried that didn't seem to work as well was Tom's of Maine deodorant only because it didn't seem to last all day and I had to keep applying it, but I've seen on their site they have some new formulations so I wouldn't rule out trying them again.

JeanC7
insider
3 years, 1 month ago
Re: fave natural beauty products?

I discovered that castor oil applied to the lash line before bed makes your lashes grow longer! Much cheaper and safer than commercial products. Get the castor oil at a health food store, it will be hexane free. 

I am a big believer in beauty from the inside out.  I like to use Neocell Collagen 1&3 to help my skin, hair and nails the healthiest they can be.  Once I damaged a nail and it grew completely out in three months... for this fast growth I thank  Neocell ! I first learned about it on this site, it was a beauty breakthrough.

MzWayne
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago
More natural products

I started going to this Eastern medical professional and basically he told me you shouldn't use anything on yourskin that you can't eat. So I started buying facial mask from Lush cosmetics with products that are made from food. Additionally I use extra Virgin olive oil right out of the shower to help my body retain moisture. And as a facial toner I use actual green tea. My skin has never looked more amazing. All of the products I use aren't all natural but it's definately a working progress.

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 1 month ago

Sweetness! I'm totally going to try this castor oil tip. I heard something similar about argan oil.  I've been using it as my serum lately since I ran out of mine. 

I think taking the attitude that it is a work in progress is great. Heallthy changes every day across all aspects of your life :)

alictasia
elite
3 years, 1 month ago
Jojoba

When my skin broke out in little red splotches like measles after I used some special "natural" rosewater products (YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN MY FACE!!!  IT WAS SCARY!), the aesthetician told me I had the most sensitive skin she had ever encountered.  Can you imagine hearing that?  She told me that jojoba oil is the closest to our natural body oil and that she didn't have a clue what else I could use that wouldn't cause problems.  I've been using it for several years now to clean and moisturize my skin and I am thrilled with the results.  BTW...as you can imagine, it does take some time getting used to using oil to cleanse your face, but give it a chance if you have a problem like I did.

JadaMiranda
insider
3 years ago

I love Superdrug Tea Tree face cleanser and Omorovicza Reviving eye cream and Thermal cleansing balm (great in removing make up)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend