Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » fave natural beauty products?

Discussion

fave natural beauty products?

So lately I've been all about using more natural stuff with safer ingredients, but I find that they're really hit and miss, which can be super disapointing because they're quite a bit more expensive. What have been your favorite natural skin, hair, makeup etc. products, and which ones did you find out were a bust? Here is my list:

Faves:

Burts Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Facial Cream Cleanser

Kiss My Face Miss Treated Shampoo and Conditioner

Nature's Gate Tea Tree Body Lotion

Bombs:

Avalon Lavender Shampoo and Conditioner - totally stripped my hair and left it with crazy static

Physicians Formula 100% Organic Mascara - runs like crazy if it comes into contact with ANY water, left me with raccoon eyes by the end of the day

Earth Science Almond Aloe Facial Moisturizer - made my acne flare up like mad, was way too heavy for my sensitive, super-picky skin.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

16 Replies

TracyTB
allstar
3 years, 6 months ago
Favorite natural skin care/ hair care products

I'm so glad you brought this up because I too am really into the natural/eco-friendy products. Your right about some of them being more expensive, but I have found that I can find a few affordable items too. For the expensive stuff I justify the cost by limiting my eating out...and making my own PB and Js (gotta have priorities right?). 

So here are my personal favs:

Shampoo/Conditioner:  Giovanni's Organics (though I've recently heard that they're not as organic as they claim to be but it's better than the average).  I've seen this brand at drugs stores and Whole Foods (under $8).

Soap:  I'm a bit spoiled because my best friend has a business where she hand makes her own soap so I tend to get it pretty cheap, but when I can't get it from here I love the Dr. Bronner's stuff.  It's pretty affordable, it's been around for years and comes in a liquid or bar form (I prefer bar soap, but I know I'm in the minority). I think you can get a bar of soap for like $2 and a huge bottle that will last for months for under $10. 

Face Care:  Here is where I definitely don't skimp (and eat way too many PB + J sandwiches to afford this).  I LOOVE a company called Arcona (www.arcona.com).  It's very expnesive though, but honestly my skin looks amazing when I use these products.  If money wasn't an issue I would religiously use the Basic Five and the Raspberry Enzyme Peel.  I don't always have the budget for them though so my back up is a company called Juice Beauty (www.juicebeauty.com).  Again a little bit on the pricey side but not terrible (amazing creams for $30-40).  I can't live without the tinted minteral moisturizer with SPF 30. Honestly on the days when I don't have time to do my make up, if I at least have some of that and my lip balm I'm good to go. 

Body Cream:  I just discovered YES to Carrots at my local CVS.  I Love their body butter, so moiturizing and has no parabens.  They have a really good moisturizing face wash/makeup remover that works great at night.  They also have a nice brand of facial wipes for those nights that you're just too tired to do your normal routine (ehh Friday/Saturday nights for me). 

Face Wash: I love desert essence jojoba oil (to remove my make up) and their foamy tea tree oil face wash to cleanse my face at night.  It gets really foamy and I can totally feel it work.  Tea tree oil is great for blemish control tool.  Love it. 

Mineral Fusion Mascara:  Okay this stuff is amazing.  It's not too bad either ($14), it's mineral based and I don't even have to use an eye lash curler when I use it.  I am so in love with this Mascara (http://www.mineralfusion.com/). 

TBjunkie
elite
3 years, 4 months ago
Re: fave natural beauty products?

I love Kiss my Face products!

BeautyAide
3 years, 4 months ago
Re: fave natural beauty products?

I go really natural with my products: Black African Soap or Neem oil as a wash, Coconut Oil as a moisturizer for night, essential oils like Neem and Bergamot for breakouts... I like to mix in natural products with my big name brands to give my skin a treat!

jacy_eickemeyer
3 years, 3 months ago
Jacy Deodorant

I just recently discovered this great natural deodorant! After swearing off chemical ones and not being able to find a healthy one that worked, Jacy deodorant works reeeally well and is super affordable. The website is http://www.jacydeodorant.com. I would definitely recommend trying this, you won't regret it!

JadaMiranda
insider
3 years, 3 months ago
Alum Deo

I now like the DeoNat deodorant.  It's made of a mineral called alum.  It whitens my underarm, doesn't stain my clothes, too, which I like.

aly7
elite
3 years, 3 months ago
re fave natural beauty products?

i too am wayy into natural products.

Faves-

Yes to Cucumbers Soothing eye gel

Toms of Maine Fresh Organic Apricot deoderant

el.f. 4 piece bamboo brush set

Burts Bees Honey Lip Balm

-aly7♥

marticampbell
3 years, 3 months ago
I like to exfoliate first.

I like CeraVe moisturizing cream the best and you can pick it up at most stores for around $15 for 16 oz container, but before I use it I exfoliate my skin each day in my morning shower.

I've found that using a exfoliating cloth does the best job for removing dry skin. The one I prefer is called SALUX. A great wash cloth. Developed and made in Japan. You need to be careful of the rip off product out of Korea or China that are made of 100% nylon. I use the 60/40 nylon polyester blend and love it. They do make a high quality 100% nylon one from Japan. If you see a 100% nylon one with English printing on the package it's probably the rip off. You can buy them on Amazon (watch out for shipping $) or @ www.saluxshop.com where I bought mine(no affiliation). They seem to be the experts on the salux products.  Please feel free to comment with any other ideas.

Marti

azdrienne
allstar
3 years, 2 months ago
All-time favorite natural products

Kiss My Face: Moisture Shave.  I've used the cool mint and peaches & cream scents.  Both are great.

St. Ives: Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer (lightweight but very hydrating), Cellulite Shield Lotion (I don't have cellulite so I can't evaluate those claims, but if you like citrus scents this lotion is amazing).

Kiehl's: Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser.  I just love this stuff!

Giovanni: Frizz Be Gone.  I have thick, wavy hair.  This stuff works miracles.

Burt's Bees: Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey & Orange Wax Body Lotion.  Smells delicious!  I think it's being phased out, because it's on super sale through Burt's Bees website right now.  Grab some!

Raw African Black Soap: I've personally used that which is supplied through coastalscents.com.  They get it fair trade from Ghana.

sweetsour1981
insider
3 years, 2 months ago
natural products

tb 051.JPGI recieved  these soaps from my mom for my birthday, they are from a company called "BEE & FLOWER".  I have 4 "flavors"Tongue out.  Jasmine, Sandal Wood, Rose & Ginseng.....luv them.

PeaceLoveNutr
3 years, 1 month ago
My favorite Natural Beauty Products!

I've always been conscious of what I put in my body but it wasn't until recently I started realizing how important what you put ON your body is also!

I love eating organic and veggies but when it came to beauty products I thought they were too expensive and had a weird smell.

After much research and test tries here a few of my favorite and inexpensive products:

Body Wash-  Dr. Bronner's Pure Castle Liquid Soap (Peppermint)  Found in all health food stores.  I love the tingly feeling you get when you put this all over your body.  I'm addicted!

Face Lotion- From Carol Alt's Raw Essentials line: All Day Revitalizing Face Moisturizer.  I love how this is made with all raw ingredients.  It's so good for you you can even eat it! I found this product online but I heard you can also buy at Duane Reade.  I'm obsessed with not only how clean and refreshed this product makes me feel but it also helped heal a scar on my chin!

ChapStick- Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate oil- I LOVE using chapstick!  I just recently came across this one that changed my life.  Its made with all natural ingredients and adds a little color to your lips!

ALL of these products are under $25!

Makes my healthy cheap self so happy : )

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend