Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » split ends

Discussion

100racing
2 months, 3 weeks ago
split ends

I have hair a little longer than my collar bone and it used to be down my back and I cut it to donate now it doesn't see to want to grow I just started to use WEN and I love it so far but it is winter and I always get so dry that nothing helps including my scalp so I use head and shoulders then I use wen and let it on for 20 minutes and it makes my hair so soft my problem is i tend to get bored and play with my hair so it has tons of split ends and every time i trim it, it seems like it just gets shorter and shorter i try not to use products or the flat iron unless i need to but my hair is curly so being curly also leads to split ends since it's kind of frizzy... anyone have any ideas to help get it to grow I'm trying to not play with it but i get bored and don't always realize it... Also i want things i can do to the hair and scalp not vitamins! Thanksssss! 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

GigiSD
elite
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: split ends

If you leave out a strong mix of B Vitamins and a daily multi-vitamin, you are "shorting" yourself (no pun intended). I have to take some supplements from damage done during eye surgery, and they keep my hair and nails growing and strong. You are not taking in enough vitamins for optimal health if you just eat well. For hair, I found that John Frieda's "Frizz Ease Thermal Protection Serum" has made a huge difference in my curly hair. I work it through damp hair after washing and conditioning, concentrating on ends. Treat hair with the ultimate gentleness, especially when wet. The less you touch it, the less damage you have. You do not need to shampoo every day, as it simply wreaks havoc with delicate strands (strive for every three days). Use cool water to seal the cuticle and an ionic hair dryer with a diffuser to keep your hair from harm. As far as playing with your hair, we all have our habits. It really only takes twelve days of a positive behavior to form a habit. Make yourself aware of when you touch your hair for twelve days and stop; before you know it, you won't be doing it.

100racing
2 months ago
Re: Re: split ends
GigiSD posted:

If you leave out a strong mix of B Vitamins and a daily multi-vitamin, you are "shorting" yourself (no pun intended). I have to take some supplements from damage done during eye surgery, and they keep my hair and nails growing and strong. You are not taking in enough vitamins for optimal health if you just eat well. For hair, I found that John Frieda's "Frizz Ease Thermal Protection Serum" has made a huge difference in my curly hair. I work it through damp hair after washing and conditioning, concentrating on ends. Treat hair with the ultimate gentleness, especially when wet. The less you touch it, the less damage you have. You do not need to shampoo every day, as it simply wreaks havoc with delicate strands (strive for every three days). Use cool water to seal the cuticle and an ionic hair dryer with a diffuser to keep your hair from harm. As far as playing with your hair, we all have our habits. It really only takes twelve days of a positive behavior to form a habit. Make yourself aware of when you touch your hair for twelve days and stop; before you know it, you won't be doing it.

Thanks i have a bad habit of playing with my hair and it has more split ends on that side lol i know it don't help but I've done it since I'm little and I don't notice it so I tell people to tell me so I stop ... I don't wash it everyday and I use wen and it does help I let that on my hair for about 20 mins and it comes out smooth. ..thanks for the info my hair is curly but gets frizzy

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend