Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Very thin and dry skin around eyes (20 yr old)

Discussion

nadya_sotnikova
3 months, 1 week ago
Very thin and dry skin around eyes (20 yr old)

Hi! 

I`ve always had a dark circle and under eye bags problem, since I was born, because of VERY thin skin around eyes. However until now it wasn`t much of a problem (I could always conceal it really well). Since I turned 19 (I`m now 20), my skin turned very dry and I have wrinkles! Concealer makes it look even worse, because it reveals dryness. It really upsets me, because it makes me look 30+, and I`m not exaggerating. I try to moisturize a lot, but it doesn`t help. Should I start using anti-age creams? Is there any way to make my skin thicker? I feel like 20 years old is too young for that... Ugh. HELP!! :(
By the way, I exercise a lot, eat healthy and drink 2-3 liters of water a day. I also sleep enough.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

Helmi
allstar
3 months, 1 week ago
Re: Very thin and dry skin around eyes (20 yr old)

Sorry to hear that, Hon. I suggest trying a rich face cream instead of a lotion. Possibly one with emu oil - an light oil that penetrates the skin instead of just trapping moisture. Or one with hyaluronic acid - a natural substance that holds many times its weight in water. It has a role in lubricating joints, use in plastic surgeries and as a moisturizer to heal wounds. The only thing I can think of that might cause thicker skin is skin-grafting by a surgeon. Or possibly controlled skin-damage, sort of like this: http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/blog/stick-needles-face-meant-better-skin Obviously by professionals.

nadya_sotnikova
3 months, 1 week ago
Re: Re: Very thin and dry skin around eyes (20 yr old)
Helmi posted:

Sorry to hear that, Hon. I suggest trying a rich face cream instead of a lotion. Possibly one with emu oil - an light oil that penetrates the skin instead of just trapping moisture. Or one with hyaluronic acid - a natural substance that holds many times its weight in water. It has a role in lubricating joints, use in plastic surgeries and as a moisturizer to heal wounds. The only thing I can think of that might cause thicker skin is skin-grafting by a surgeon. Or possibly controlled skin-damage, sort of like this: http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/blog/stick-needles-face-meant-better-skin Obviously by professionals.

Thank you so much for your help!

Brittany_J
1 month, 3 weeks ago
Re: Very thin and dry skin around eyes (20 yr old)

I use Triple Action Vitamin C Serum by VoilaVe from Amazon. I have just started using this few months back, I have a dry skin with with wrinkles and dark circles round my eyes. After using this , I realize that my skin hydration is restored and my cheeks are rosy. Even my colleagues noticed and asked what have I done! I'm very satisfied with this product that I am going to share it with you. Try it too. :)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend