Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Foundation for oily skin

Discussion

earthtoallie
3 months, 3 weeks ago
Foundation for oily skin

I have rather oily skin and find it hard to find a foundation that keeps my oil at bay but doesn't give me a too matte finish. I've tried the Revlon Colorstay Oily skin foundation, and while I like that it doesn't make my skin oily, I find that it makes my skin like sickly and too matte. What are some good foundation that control oil and shine but also give my skin a pretty glow?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

lynn_nguyen
insider
3 months, 2 weeks ago
Re: Foundation for oily skin

The only foundation that I have found great for oily skin is Make Up Forever Mat-Velvet foundation. I get oily in the T-Zone, around the nose and chin. Its kind of thick but that's how it keeps your face matte throughout the day. It says water-resistant but I don't think so. Before applying the foundation, I use NYX Shine Killer Primer. I also use ELF's High Definition Translucent Powder to set the foundation, using a little more around where I get oiliest. I use a large duo-fibre brush to get rid of any excess that makes my face look powdery. Then I set my face with Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray. If you're on a budget, ELF also has a setting spray too. For the last couple years I have had trouble finding a way to prevent being oily throughout the day but these products actually make me satisfied. I don't get oily later on in the day and it looks like I just applied my make-up. But remember, being a little oily is okay and it makes your skin look natural. Too matte can make your skin look cakey. Hope this helps.

poshinprogress
allstar
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Foundation for oily skin

Have you been to a store like Sephora or another department store where they will give you samples? I've had the best luck figuring out the right foundations, concealers and BB creams by getting samples at Sephora and testing them out for a day or two. I actually reviewed concealers and BB Creams on my blog via samples at Sephora. I personally loved the Tarte BB cream for all-over light coverage (I have combo oily skin), but its not super heavy like a foundation. Definitely get some free samples! Also, some drug stores (Target) allow you to return makeup even if you've used it!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend