Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Dry Eyelids

Discussion

oceanbubbles
allstar
4 months ago
Dry Eyelids

Hi!

So I've never had this happen before, so I'm kind of freaking out. I know it's winter, and that means drier conditions, and I've always had no problem adjusting to the dryness by slightly changing my skin care routine. However, this year, my eyelids have been hard, scaly, dry, flaky, and really uncomfortable. I tried just using more of my normal eye cream, but that didn't do anything, so I tried Aquaphor. Aquaphor usually fixes my skin, but my eyelids are still not better. I haven't been wearing makeup for about two weeks now, so I don't think my primer, eyeshadow, or eyeliner has any effect in this situation.
I really don't know what's happening, or what to do.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

lynn_nguyen
insider
3 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Dry Eyelids

What kind of cleanser are you using? I had this problem before and I put vaseline on it and it worked fine for me.

oceanbubbles
allstar
3 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Re: Dry Eyelids
lynn_nguyen posted:

What kind of cleanser are you using? I had this problem before and I put vaseline on it and it worked fine for me.

I use a cream cleanser for sensitive skin, but I generally avoid my eyes when I use it. I've been using Aquaphor at night, and that has really been helping.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend