Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Best product for frizzy, thick and long hair...

Discussion

AkeraWolfe
insider
5 months, 1 week ago
Best product for frizzy, thick and long hair...

I have tried products after products to tame my thick and frizzy hair and still it remains frizzy, mostly on the ends. My hair is not fried or damaged, I do dye it every 6 to 8 months or so depending on how long the color lasts and such. Its mostly my ends that are the most frizzy and I have run out of ideas/suggestions of products to use. Does anyone had any suggestions to how I can tame my thick and frizzy hair? Thanks in advance!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

DazedNdConfused
insider
5 months, 1 week ago
Re: Best product for frizzy, thick and long hair...

Hi, I have the same exact problem. I have tried almost every product for frizzy hair. I have come to the realization that there really isn't anything that can help, because that is just naturally the texture of our hair. I found out a way to make my hair a lot more controllable. What i do, is after i was it i let it air dry about 95%. Then i add this product i just happened across i found it in a Beauty Supply store. It's called raw shea butter reconstructive finishing elixir. I would put a few sprays into the palm of my hand and then rub it all over. Then i braid it, and if i have time i will sleep with it and in the morning i wake up with smooth non frizzy hair. If you don't have time braid it and then blow dry the braid. Hope this helps.

TBjunkie
elite
5 months, 1 week ago
Re: Best product for frizzy, thick and long hair...

I struggled with this problem until I realized hair products can assist in taming your hair but can't do it all. You MUST have an amazing blow dryer and learn to use a large ceramic round brush to blow dry it straight. Finish with a good flat iron to keep it straight longer. You'll have silky, shiny hair if you learn to do it right. It'll keep it straight for days until you need to wash it again. It's worth the effort. As for hair products I use Aveda's smooth infusion line but it is pricey. Otherwise, try any brands smoothing line and see how it works for you. If you invest in anything for your hair let it be your blow dryer (and 2nd flat iron). I first bought a mid to high range one for around $75 and it made a huge difference. Once it broke I bought a CHI and OMG! it's amazing! So good, I don't have to flat iron. I hope I could help, good luck.

AkeraWolfe
insider
5 months ago
Re: Re: Best product for frizzy, thick and long hair...
DazedNdConfused posted:

Hi, I have the same exact problem. I have tried almost every product for frizzy hair. I have come to the realization that there really isn't anything that can help, because that is just naturally the texture of our hair. I found out a way to make my hair a lot more controllable. What i do, is after i was it i let it air dry about 95%. Then i add this product i just happened across i found it in a Beauty Supply store. It's called raw shea butter reconstructive finishing elixir. I would put a few sprays into the palm of my hand and then rub it all over. Then i braid it, and if i have time i will sleep with it and in the morning i wake up with smooth non frizzy hair. If you don't have time braid it and then blow dry the braid. Hope this helps.

Thanks a bunch for the advice! I'll be sure to try it out along with any other tips. My main problem is is that my hair is naturally thick and curly so its not too much fun to work with, especially since I love my hair long and I think it looks good on me that way. Again thank you for the advice!

AkeraWolfe
insider
5 months ago
Re: Re: Best product for frizzy, thick and long hair...
TBjunkie posted:

I struggled with this problem until I realized hair products can assist in taming your hair but can't do it all. You MUST have an amazing blow dryer and learn to use a large ceramic round brush to blow dry it straight. Finish with a good flat iron to keep it straight longer. You'll have silky, shiny hair if you learn to do it right. It'll keep it straight for days until you need to wash it again. It's worth the effort. As for hair products I use Aveda's smooth infusion line but it is pricey. Otherwise, try any brands smoothing line and see how it works for you. If you invest in anything for your hair let it be your blow dryer (and 2nd flat iron). I first bought a mid to high range one for around $75 and it made a huge difference. Once it broke I bought a CHI and OMG! it's amazing! So good, I don't have to flat iron. I hope I could help, good luck.

I flat iron my hair but I've recently run out of heat protect for it and the one I was using wasn't really helping. Do you have any suggestions on what is the best heat protectent that I can use that won't cost me a lot? I don't really blow dry my hair cause when I was younger it kept getting frizzier when I blow-dried it but I am going to take your advice into consideration and give it another try while using a ceramic round brush. Again thank you so much for your advice, I really do appreciate it.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend