Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Total Make-Up Package for my Girlfriend (Please help a dude out :-) )

Discussion

BFlookin4advice
5 months, 1 week ago
Total Make-Up Package for my Girlfriend (Please help a dude out :-) )

Hi girls (and boys)!

.... what have I gotten myself into here.... ok... 

I really need your help, MA experts. I am planning on, apart from other things, buying my girlfriend a total make-up package for her birthday. She made it clear to me that she'd be delighted with make-up (and not offended). 

So, however, I do not have a single clue about make-up and even though I spent around 20 hrs searching for a point to start from I have not succeeded at all.

The only thing I really know is that she was a regular woman concerning make-up.... no too expensive things until now, mostly MAC I believe. Her everyday foundation is MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF15 NW 20. She's Caucasian, 27, brown eyes, tans well, natural brunette, dyed black (I don't even know if all this matters). 
So from what I managed to get a grasp of, foundation comes first (as the name suggests, except for primers which I still don't understand what they're here for). I want to buy class, meaning price is not the biggest issue. Do you have any suggestion on a great foundation and the shade corresponding to NW20? What shall I go for after choosing the foundation?

My total budget is flexible, I'd say for everything I'd spend around 6-700€ which is around 8-900USD. She owns about every brush and accessory available .... all together around 60 pieces almost all by MAC.

Is there even any chance I can choose the stuff and letting her just enjoy? 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

1 Reply

Helmi
allstar
5 months, 1 week ago
Re: Total Make-Up Package for my Girlfriend (Please help a dude out :-) )

Yes, I think you can buy her a present on your own. This time of year is perfect for it, too. All the beauty companies are bring out their Holiday kits and palettes*. { } "-900USD" - Wow. She must be a good'n. { It seems she's settled on her favorite foundation, so you might be able to buy some MAC for her so she doesn't run out. After that, I say a girl needs a bit of color. ( I think light purple, gold, and greens would be great with her complexion and features) *A face palette with eyeshdows and blush would good. Mac has a new one. Tarte, and Dior have come out with great ones. MAKE UP FOR EVER has a very good selection. You might be able to create a kit by getting a color set and some other cool items, like eyeliners and mascara. { } Wish you well on Birthday shopping and the Holidays. - T.Helmi

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend