Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask a Beauty Blogger » Primer vs. Setting Spray

Discussion

Helmi
allstar
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Primer vs. Setting Spray

I've never wear foundation, so I never felt the need to use either of these.  (Honestly, I only found out about it from joining this website.)

I know primer is used to even skin and help makeup last.  Are there any other uses for it, and what are the benefits of primer or setting sprays?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

axciii
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Primer vs. Setting Spray

There are different uses for primers. Helps even out complexion, minimizes the size of your pores, extends the longevity of your makeup, and makes foundation blending a little bit easier. Plus, with the primer, your foundation doesn't sit directly on top of your skin. (Kind of like a base coat on your nails). As for setting sprays, they are used to lock and seal your completed makeup look in place. So you don't have to worry about it "melting off" your face. (Also kind of like a top coat). But in my opinion, it's best to experiment to see what works best for you and your skin type, and what you feel is the best look for you. I, personally, don't like to use setting sprays. Instead I go for setting powder. I hope this was in any way helpful to you. Good luck

MiszSt3phC
5 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Re: Primer vs. Setting Spray
axciii posted:

There are different uses for primers. Helps even out complexion, minimizes the size of your pores, extends the longevity of your makeup, and makes foundation blending a little bit easier. Plus, with the primer, your foundation doesn't sit directly on top of your skin. (Kind of like a base coat on your nails). As for setting sprays, they are used to lock and seal your completed makeup look in place. So you don't have to worry about it "melting off" your face. (Also kind of like a top coat). But in my opinion, it's best to experiment to see what works best for you and your skin type, and what you feel is the best look for you. I, personally, don't like to use setting sprays. Instead I go for setting powder. I hope this was in any way helpful to you. Good luck

Yes, I agree. I use Pore-fessional by Benefit. I love it. I only really use setting spray in the summer, or if I know I am going to be sweating a bit. It is a personal preference.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend