Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Urgent help with my super damaged hair.

Discussion

Thereselovesl
8 months ago
Urgent help with my super damaged hair.

I went through a phase a bit ago where I dyed my hair a new color every week and bleached it quite a lot. I didn't realize how damaged the results would be. Well, now, my hair is dead. I've cut it, but the split ends are just as bad as they were before I cut it? It's above my shoulders now, and I don't want to cut it anymore. I have swooped bangs, but my hair is so stringy and so frizzy that I can't wear them in my face anymore...

PLEASE. Treatments. Repairs. Leave in Treatments. Anything that will help it is recommended. I just can't look at it in the mirror anymore. :/

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

GigiSD
elite
7 months, 4 weeks ago
Re: Urgent help with my super damaged hair.

I've been where you've been--don't panic! I had to have a lot of medication which completely damaged hair which had previously been gorgeous. Use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner (I love "Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Cream Shampoo" and "Daily Deep Conditioner"). Be sure to deep-condition each week for at least five to ten minutes (if you want to see a miracle, massage a great deep conditioner into your hair at night and put on a cap; you will see renewed hair in the morning!). I love John Frieda's "Hair Serum, Thermal Protection Formula." Use just a bit to make sure your hair is protected from the damage that a blow dryer can do. Try to buy a dryer which is ionic; it is slower than traditional ones but does less damage. Use a diffuser when possible. Better yet, let hair air-dry when possible! Step away from the bleach bottle and turn to strong B Vitamins, including Biotion. They will help your hair grow healthily and strong. Last--don't feel you have to wash your hair every day, especially when it is fragile. Treat it as such. Wash every second or third day and massage gently. Handle it as if it were imported glassware. The more kind you are to your hair, the more benefits you reap!

anshulika_chawla
7 months, 3 weeks ago

Well, I am facing a similar problem. Though, cutting my hair have resolved my split ends to some extent but I am still having bad hair breakage. GigiSD is right B vitamins help. Have just started taking the supplements. Another remedy that is helping me is applying yoghurt and honey to my hair as deep conditioner for 20 minutes every week.

GigiSD
elite
7 months, 4 weeks ago

Chin up--I once stupidly stripped my hair of its natural beautiful auburn color and dyed it green by mistake. It had to be cut off. Once I learned to respect it and handle it with care, it revived for me!

ginaaliyah
insider
7 months, 2 weeks ago

I have the same problem going on, I just cut about 4 inches off of my long hair. It was just so stringy and limp, so I went for layers and shoulder length. I have been using Got2B Oil licious shampoo and conditioner for a month now and I have to say it is amazing. I found the shampoo and conditioner at Walgreens for only $6.99 a bottle. I wash my hair every 2 days and have been cutting down on any harsh products, I'm only using a small amount of the Got2b Oil. Also I found at a local Koren market a wonderful repair mask that REALLY worked! It is called Purederm Nourishing repair hair mask with Chamomile (www.purederm.com). I saw results with all the things I have been doing in the last month! You're hair will repair itself i just takes time and it is aggravating trust me I shed so may tears cutting off my long hair and dealing with limp thin hair. I hope I helped in some way... products respond different to people so just give the shampoo and conditioner a try and use a hair pin and twist your bangs to the side and pin them so you cant see the frizz. Your hair will be better by Halloween!

JohnBrown
6 months, 2 weeks ago

The only treatment I`d recommend you in this situation is Theradome. In the clinical studies ALL participants benefited from the Theradomeā„¢ and experienced one or more of the following: 1) Thicker and more manageable hair, 2) Reduced hair loss, and 3) New hair growth after three to four months. So, go for it. Best of luck!

ginaaliyah
insider
7 months, 2 weeks ago

Sorry spell check... "Korean market"

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend