Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Effect of hair removal creams on scalp

Discussion

Shadebug
8 months, 1 week ago
Effect of hair removal creams on scalp

Hi, I'm new here and I'm a guy.

Lately I've taken to shaving my head (I used to have long flowing locks but they were starting to look a bit sad with the receding hairline). The problem is that I can never manage to shave it completely stubble free and I think that would be a fun look to sport for a while. I figure if anywhere knows how to get rid of hair and go completely smooth it's here.

I'm told waxing is just not an option because the hair's too strong and it'd end up with in grown hairs. So the next option appears to be hair removal creams.
The question is, what effect will those creams have on my scalp and on growing my hair back later? (I don't want to commit myself to a lifetime of baldness just yet)
All the men's grooming forums seem to be lacking any sort of objective understanding of these things so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

Helmi
allstar
8 months, 1 week ago
Re: Effect of hair removal creams on scalp

Hi There, The common active ingredient, Potassium Trioglycolate, dissolves keratin and does effect the root or growth. Since you are planning to use it on your scalp, you should find one made for facial use or sensitive skin types. Also be sure not to apply over obvious razor burn or scabs, as this can cause chemical burn and open wounds(from personal experience). And lean your head back to rinse and avoid contact with eyes. I ultimately recommend talking to a hairdresser or spa professional. I can only speak from limited experience. I usually just wax or shave.

JohnBrown
6 months, 2 weeks ago
Re: Effect of hair removal creams on scalp

Well before suggesting anything else I would suggest you to consult a pro because as you said you don`t want to be bald forever so, better to consult before doing this experiment.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend