Home » Community » Message Boards » Total Beauty Member Central » Points

Discussion

nicky22
allstar
9 months ago
Why can't i get my points. I don't understand the new point system. What's the point of logging in, then logging in to a separate account if i can't get my points? 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

12 Replies

volta
elite
7 months, 1 week ago
Re: Points

Yep, I miss the old site too. It seems like they're more interested in facebook than their own website. This place used to be like a second home for me and I genuinely enjoyed contributing reviews for the website. Not anymore. I maybe log on once a month if I'm so bored that I have nothing else to do. Similarly to others, I haven't received any gifts for over a year. Points and status are irrelevant now.

jenn8779
allstar
8 months ago
Re: Re: Points
venenumletalis posted:

I have exactly the same issue. As many other members... It just seems like older members, who have gained thousands of points already, are not important to TB, as they basically suggest we start from scratch with new FB accounts. I tried to contact TB several times asking them to fix that, looking for solutions, but only got a generic response about how great the new website is. As a result I hardly ever come here anymore... Very sad.

Folks, the bottom line is that TB doesn't care about those of us who were loyal, long time members! I also don't come on here much any more. It IS sad! And I miss the old site, strangely enough. It had its issues and quirks but we FELT like a community. Way to ruin a good thing, TB!

venenumletalis
allstar
8 months, 3 weeks ago

I have exactly the same issue. As many other members... It just seems like older members, who have gained thousands of points already, are not important to TB, as they basically suggest we start from scratch with new FB accounts. I tried to contact TB several times asking them to fix that, looking for solutions, but only got a generic response about how great the new website is. As a result I hardly ever come here anymore... Very sad.

venenumletalis
allstar
8 months, 3 weeks ago
egelizabethgreen posted:

I also have been a new member. The new members gets their points eventually. Activity is important in this system. Try to involve in discussions and message boards. Try to build a network and make friends. Eventually, you will get points.

Except nicky22 is not a new member, she's an old member, who basically lost all her points.

magictheatre
insider
8 months, 3 weeks ago

I'm sorry you've lost all your earned points. But could you explain in a little more detail what has actually happened. Since I don't seem to have suffered any point loss I cant figure out what everyone is talking about.

nicky22
allstar
8 months, 3 weeks ago
magictheatre posted:

I'm sorry you've lost all your earned points. But could you explain in a little more detail what has actually happened. Since I don't seem to have suffered any point loss I cant figure out what everyone is talking about.

I didn't lose any points, i can't gain any. I haven't gain any points since the new look.

magictheatre
insider
8 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Re: Re: Points
nicky22 posted:

I didn't lose any points, i can't gain any. I haven't gain any points since the new look.

Wow that really does suck. It would have been alright if at least this happened after you reached Elite. I hope they resolve the issue soon. You deserve some more attention for being such a long time member and contributor.

GigiSD
elite
8 months, 3 weeks ago
magictheatre posted:

I don't understand, either.

yestfl
elite
7 months, 4 weeks ago
Re: Re: Re: Points
jenn8779 posted:

Folks, the bottom line is that TB doesn't care about those of us who were loyal, long time members! I also don't come on here much any more. It IS sad! And I miss the old site, strangely enough. It had its issues and quirks but we FELT like a community. Way to ruin a good thing, TB!

I know! I miss the old TB as well. The sense of community is lost and lots of old members who used to be on this site all the time are not anymore. Also, the points system is trivial. I've been Elite for a long time and not once have I gotten any prizes or anything. Though I've got a couple of review opportunities. Still, I miss the old TB when Mary used to personally respond to all our questions and emails.

littlelaura
insider
7 months, 4 weeks ago

I just recently joined and was wondering if someone could explain the system to me. I seem to be gaining points but I spend a ton of time looking at the message board and reviews and don't seem to be getting anywhere. No one seems to let me know if my reviews are helpful or my replies. I tried posting a question on the message board and no one ever responded. I really like the idea of it but I don't know how I am supposed to know if I am doing well or not and what the point of the points is.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend