Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » My poor nails...

Discussion

megan_parker
9 months, 3 weeks ago
My poor nails...

I used to have fake nails and I'm trying to stay natural but my nails are so thin and brittle after having fake nails for years. It's been almost 9 months since I've had fake nails and I'm almost just wanting to go back to it again so I can have "girl" hands again... Any advice on how to get strong healthy nails?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

GigiSD
elite
9 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: My poor nails...

Lots and lots of a very strong Vitamin B complex will make any nails grow (and it will do wonders for your hair). Please compare formulas and ensure that yours contains ALL B Vitamins, including Biotin. Use a great nail-growth product from Sally Hansen or NutraNail and polish your nails regularly (they will grow, I promise!). When you file them, use an emery board in one direction only. Put on gloves if your hands are in water. Moisturize your nails, hands, and cuticles with a strong cream. You'll be back to normal before you know it. I pulled all of the nails of my right hand off in the garage door and this worked for me.

GigiSD
elite
9 months, 3 weeks ago

The world of nail-growth products is overwhelming. Some products I've used with success: Sally Hansen's "Nailgrowth Miracle" has actually created miracles for me. Their "Diamond Shine Base and Top Coat" is good. Their "Maximum Growth" is excellent. Good luck; let me know how you're doing!

GigiSD
elite
9 months, 1 week ago

It just occurred to me--plain old tea tree oil heals skin. I've used it around my cuticles. It's not expensive. Why not add that to your regimen?

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend