Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Multitasking Cleansers?

Discussion

Helmi
allstar
10 months, 1 week ago
Multitasking Cleansers?

Do you have any suggestions for exfoliating or toning or all-in-one facial cleansers?  I'm trying cut down on my routine and amount of products I use.  Hopefully, it will benefit my skin and increase motivation to take care of it. I'd like to be able to use a just a cleanser and moisturizer if possible.  Here are my specifics: I'm 25, with moderately oily skin and stubborn blackheads.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

GigiSD
elite
10 months, 1 week ago
Re: Multitasking Cleansers?

Helmi, you are so very pretty! And you're young, very young, but smart enough to take care of your skin. I completely understand your wanting to shorten your routine, but I promise you that your skin will thank you if you take some extra steps now--you'll look lovely and young for so much longer! Right now I'm loving Ole Henriksen's "Africa Red Tea Foaming Cleanser" (I stray between brands because I want to try everything). The delightful foam is citrus-scented. It cleans extremely well (great for your skin and blackheads) without stripping your skin of natural oils. And it's replete with Vitamin C and fruit extracts which purify, exfoliate, and have naturally antiseptic properties. You actually do need a toner. I'm using Henriksen's "Balancing Cucumber Face Mist." They have several toners, and maybe one is more to your liking. Toner removes imbedded oil (probably responsible for blackheads) and makeup that no cleaner leaves behind. It normalizes skin pH balance. This, like the cleanser, is a PLEASURE to use--you'll want to keep spritzing! It smells wonderful and is especially refreshing for summer. Exfoliation is KEY in getting rid of dead skin cells, patches of uneven skin, and blackheads. It also allows skin to benefit more from the moisture and/or serums you apply. Do it twice a week. I use Henriksen's "Walnut Complexion Scrub." It smells luscious. You have to use it with ultimate care because the tiny walnut pieces can cause micro-tears in your tender skin, but I know to use just a little and massage very gently. Another alternative? Suki's "Exfoliate Foaming Lemongrass Cleanser." The particles are comprised of sugar and dissolve, doing less damage to your skin. Oh, and then there's Peter Thomas Roth's "FirmX Peeling Gel." You simply massage into skin. You can let the product remain there to allow the multi-action enzymes sink in for a few minutes, but as you gently work in circles around your face, you'll note "lumps" appearing--that is dead skin being destroyed! This works wonders for blackheads. And moisturize, moisturize, moisturize--this includes your neck, which won't always be swan-like and line-free! I love Henriksen's "Sheer Transformation." All of his products work for oily or dry skin (he himself suffered from acne and developed a line with no toxins or irritants). Henriksen has a try-it collection which will allow you to experiment with many of the products at once. I know it seems like a pain, but once you establish a pattern, you'll feel like you're missing something if you skip a step. The resilience, lack of wrinkles, and beauty of twenty-five-year-old skin will never come again. You're so very gorgeous--extend that beauty into your old age! Sorry for writing you a novel!

GigiSD
elite
10 months, 1 week ago

Sorry--I was trying to say that toner removes makeup that no cleanser removes. Pardon me!

ZaraBear
10 months ago

I've been using a gentle foaming cleanser by Racinne. I'm 30 and have combination skin, showing a few signs of aging (wrinkles around my eyes) so wanted a really hydrating line that wouldn't cause any breakouts. After a couple months using this cleanser I am really happy - my skin feels taut after using, but not dried out or too tight, which a lot of cleansers left my skin feeling like. I am like you in that I prefer to use as few products as possible. I want the best results at an affordable price and without spending too much time/maintenance! I don't usually use a toner but I know Racinne does one as well, I haven't tried it but I do use their Ultimate Hydra face cream which has shown really outstanding results in a short time. Good luck! I bought my products at shop.racinne.ca but you can probably find at racinne.com if you aren't in Canada.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend