Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » Blonde disaster

Discussion

dustylane_howardstapleton
10 months, 2 weeks ago
Blonde disaster

I just revently had a baby and have always had pretty highlighted blonde hair. When I was pregnany I was told that I should go dark so I did and I was miserable LOL but after I had my daughter, I decided it was time to go back but wanted to save money. I bought the hair bleaching kit and Wella White lady toner from Sally's and it is part orange and parts are white! So someone told me to put a brown toner on it and it is better but its sort of peach! lol so what would a stylist do to my hair in this case I really want just pretty blonde highlights like before and my old hairstylist is gone and I am so embarassed to go to someone else because they are so mean around here!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

GigiSD
elite
10 months, 1 week ago
Re: Blonde disaster

Don't feel bad. I had a stylist once suggest that I strip my naturally beautiful auburn hair and use artificial color for more vibrance. I stripped it and it turned white. I tried to dye it with professional colors; one had a blue base and the other a yellow, which I didn't know at the time. In short, my hair turned out a pure green. Another (great) salon tried to color it, to no avail. I spent ten hours in the chair and they basically had to cut off my long hair. I went to school the following Monday, and after being asked by a hundred students if I knew my hair was green, I sat on my desk and belted out "It's Not Easy Being Green!" Better to laugh with them . . . Don't be intimidated by stylists. I've learned that it is MY hair and I nicely demand to have done what I want now.

GigiSD
elite
10 months, 1 week ago
Re: Re: Blonde disaster
dustylane_howardstapleton posted:

sorry for all the misspellings! I was upset lol!

I'm really sorry about your disaster. The great thing about hair? It eventually does grow back!

dustylane_howardstapleton
10 months, 2 weeks ago
Re: Blonde disaster

sorry for all the misspellings! I was upset lol!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend