Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » Trying to Curl Thin hair

Discussion

Keri_Lyne1025
10 months, 2 weeks ago
Trying to Curl Thin hair

ok ladies, help a woman out! I have very thin hair, a lot of it, but it is still very thin, and no matter how many times I use a curling iron, or a flat iron to curl my hair, the curl just never holds!!! Any tips/tricks/product recommendations?!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

mkp14
8 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Trying to Curl Thin hair

Hey! I know how hard it may be to curl fine hair, however dont worry, with the right products and tools, you will have the gorgeous curls you want! First of all... the shampoo you are using, MUST be for fine hair. You cannot have fine hair and for example use a moisturizing shampoo, because its just going to weigh down your hair, and of course make curling your hair impossible!! Therefore, choose the right shampoo, ie shampoo for thin/fine hair. When it comes to conditioner, i would say, skip it, just this time when you are going to curl your hair. Its not good to always skip conditioner though, however, you will see that it really makes a difference!!! Next point....... use moose/root lifter hair product :) These stuff really do work, and you will immediately see that you now have body and your hair will get manipulated MUCH easier now! :) You may dry your hair completely now, and get your curling wand and start curling your hair. I would go for small sections (around 1 cm width), and tight curls - therefore use a curling wand with a small diameter.. After each section is curled, spray it using a medium hold hair spray - 12cm away from your hair! dont get too close it your hair is just going to stick together and it wont look nice. you still want a bouncy natural effect!! Once your whole head of hair has been curled and sprayed with a medium hold hair spray, then its your choice whether you would like to go for a strong hold hairspray allover everything :) Just a bit of it, use sparingly .. and VIOLA!! gorgeous curls have been created :) if you want to open your curls for a more natural effect, just shake your hair and let them open naturally :) Good luck!

noellenyny8403
7 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Trying to Curl Thin hair

I have the same issue although my hair isn't thin. The only thing that works for my hair is wrap snap and go rollers. They aren't like standard curlers that leave you unable to sleep, they are made of cloth so you don't feel them. They are also super easy to use, check them out on Youtube. Another product to try is curlformers which is similar but more expensive since you need multiple sets. Both are non heat so they wont damage your hair. Good luck!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend