Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Foundation help!!!!

Discussion

pixiebaby
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Foundation help!!!!

Let me set the scene for you..... my best friends wedding I'm the MOH, outdoors not hot but warm out, my friend looks beautiful everything looks great. We head inside for the reception ( after all the photos mind you) only for me to look in the mirror to find that my foundation has melted off and my skin is all blotchy and red and my circles are showing big time. I always thought I used good foundation but I guess not.

So I need to know of a good foundation that can stand up to warm days and hot suns, I have combination skin my t-zone can get kind of oily but it gets dry too. Also something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg would be great.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

GigiSD
elite
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Foundation help!!!!

I am so sorry that this happened to you, but you most probably looked worse to yourself than you looked to anyone else (keep that in mind). Make Up For Ever has a waterproof, lightweight, gel-based foundation for face and body which is suitable for hot days and even time in a pool. It would be great for your combination skin. It gives a seamless, satin-like finish. It's not inexpensive ($37.00), but it's the best suggestion I have for you. (I tend to splurge when it comes to foundations, and great waterproof ones are hard to find). Good luck; let me know if I can help in any other way!

rebecca_wu
insider
10 months, 3 weeks ago

Maybe try a primer underneath your foundation? I love the Smashbox Photo Finish one. For foundation, Revlon's Nearly Naked is great. It feels light and from my own experience, it doesn't rub off and stays for at least 8 hours. I also have combination skin. Good luck! :)

Sammilicious
8 months, 3 weeks ago

I live in Texas, where it's always steaming and hot. I started using airbrush foundation because of my acne and fine lines (in your 30s it's totally unfair to have both!). And I find that because it comes with a great primer and setter, it stays put all day and doesn't melt off. Granted, the initial outlay is more than most makeup, but you recoup the costs pretty quickly and it's totally worth the less stress and great coverage. I have tried a couple of the brands and I really like Luminess Air. Good luck!

nelly_recinos
allstar
8 months, 3 weeks ago

Wow that's awful! Well I have tried a few different foundations from Revlon, rimmel, Maybelline, and loreal, and none of them have lasted on me all day (even on hot days) like the covergirl outlast 3-1 foundation. Its my first covergirl foundation but I love it! I have gotten quite a few compliments while wearing it! Someone told me my face looked flawless, another person told me my face looked like porcelain, and even my husband who never notices anything complimented me on how perfect my face looked! I also have combination skin. Its not waterproof but it surprised me at how it lasted even if I sweat. Its inexpensive too you can find it at Walmart. Careful though some people said it can oxidize so they advise to get a shade lighter then your skin tone. I got a shade lighter then my skin so right when I apply it, it looks a little too light but with in a couple minutes it darkens just enough to PERFECTLY match my skin tone. Another one that I read great reviews about was the Revlon Colorstay, I was thinking of getting it but decided to get the Covergirl instead because It is a foundation, primer, and concealer in one with spf also, So it interested me more. Hope this helps :)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend