Meltproof Makeup Must-Haves
1. Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel. ($35 at peterthomasroth.com or Sephora). It absorbs oil, minimizes pores, and keeps shine away.
2. Makeup Forever by Sephora Face and Body Liquid Makeup ($40). It's a sweat proof, waterproof foundation that won't slip and slide off the face. It's light and sheer, and you can even swim while wearing it. A little goes a long way, so it's worth the price.
3. Kryolan Dermacolor Waterproof powder ($26 at Alconeco.com). This is an unbelievable waterproof face powder. After you apply it, wait 10 minutes for it to set. Let it set before brushing away the excess with a powder brush.
4. Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired By Carmindy Forever Stay Eye Pencil in Chocolate Brown ($7.95 at Drugstore.com. It's a waterproof eyeliner.
5. Cover Girl Intense Shadow Blast Eyeshadow ($7.99 at Drugstore.com). Waterproof and comes in shades for summer. Good colors are Brown Bling and Beige Blaze.
6. Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara ($20 at Urbandecay.com or ULTA and Sephora.) Never flaky and is long lasting. You can swim with no running down your face. Just be careful when you remove it. Try Vaseline and tissues to remove it without pulling because you could lose eyelashes by tugging.
7. Hourglass Superficial Waterproof Bronzer ($45 at Hourglasscosmetics.com). There is nothing worse than your tan running or getting blotchy. Because this is waterproof, your tan will stay in place. Try applying with a foam self-tanner mit available at ULTA, Sephora or Beauty.com. If you add Benefit Benetint ($29 at ULTA, Sephora, or Benefitcosmetics.com), you will have a nice rosy glow.
I hope this research helps all of you who live in the heat of summer, and want to go swimming or even walk around without your makeup melting and running down your face.